By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
The_Yoda said:
I have to admit seeing that guy lose his S**t was pretty funny.

Always funny seeing douchebags get banned for saying something dumb. Usually follow it up with a petty insult as well.

Hopefully he doesn't cause more crap when he returns 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
onionberry said:

I don't have much to share, mostly is people being nice and talking about video games :p but that guy was a total jerk here in the comment section.

I honestly don't get it.

Now let me emphasize that this is not an attack on you onionberry, but I'm reacting against everyone here who flamed that guy (the user MasterCeddy, to avoid any confusion).

He was banned for something I would just as easily have said, the original ban. I'm a foreigner so I might not understand the exact tone of what he said, but he essentially said he wanted to have sex with you (here in the open thread). Eat the ass. I don't understand the ban, and I'm not criticizing it either because we're not supposed to that here in the comment field. I'm just analyzing the whole event and our treatment of the guy as a community.

Then what follows is his rant, how he felt he was treated unjustly. As soon as you get into an agitated mode you can say nasty things. I don't think the things he said were anymore bad than you hear in a Hollywood movie by characters we think are very cool. And this guy brought it into the open like a man, unlike the majority of us who wouldn't dare to. I think he deserves huge respect for that. The homophobic word he used shouldn't be interpreted literally. What he meant by the word was that he felt somebody had acted against him in a cowardly fashion. Now that's still a grave accusation to bring forward against another person but we must remember the context, that he had just been moderated and was in an agitated mode.

And him writing you a PM hitting on you, telling you are hot, now that's a little pathetic if a guy puts a lot of emotional effort into it thinking it can become anything in real life, but looked upon as just a token of appreciation it was cool. And I don't think anything hypocritical was revealed. He wasn't two-faced. In his rant post he already admitted that a hot girl showing his ass is something a guy "must" comment. His usage of the word attention whore was just due to heat of the moment frustration, but the point he wanted to get through was that if somebody shows her sexy ass in the open she must also be ready to take the consequences. He indirectly blamed you for being responsible because it was your picture that caused him to comment. That blame is wrong of course, you are perfectly innocent here, but the guy's reaction is understandable when you are in a frustrated mode.

And onionberry, you have "taken the consequences" in an excellent way. You have given very cool comments in this thread and shown appropriate attention to the reactions in a lighthearted, humourous way just like it should be.  You probably had no problem with his original comment. Somebody else must have reported it for sure.

I don't think you post pics of your ass and then secretly complain that men wants to have sex with you. You're not that kind of person.

So what are we here, a pack of raving wolves who pick targets and shred them to pieces? The guy already got his sentence. It's not nice if we universally condemn him and thereby make it impossible for him to come back with his dignity preserved after the ban. It's not cool if we pretend like we ourselves are so holy.

I think this all is very unfortunate and I hope we can recover from this situation including the banned guy in question.

I think the problem is the people who are taking this thread so seriously.

He clearly has anger issues. He doesn't realize that going up to someone and telling them you want to eat their ass is not only disgusting, but inappropriate. Similar to how girls shouldn't go up to guys and describe how they want a dick rammed into them, I think guys should follow common decency and leave sexual fantasies to themselves.

I'm not sure if it's an Arab thing, but talking about sex isn't necessarily a taboo, but it's not something people like to talk about with others(especially on the Internet). If you want to describe your fantasies to your friends, knock yourself out. Yank it out if you need to so badly. I'd prefer for a man to masturbate and leave his desires to himself than to share it to the world and get angry if a mod/fellow human being tells him to be more appropriate.

All of that rage was unnecessary. Instead of becoming a blind bull he could've shut up or just apologized and moved on. I'm sure he wouldn't have been banned if he was smarter about it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Slimebeast said:

I honestly don't get it.

Now let me emphasize that this is not an attack on you onionberry, but I'm reacting against everyone here who flamed that guy (the user MasterCeddy, to avoid any confusion).

He was banned for something I would just as easily have said, the original ban. I'm a foreigner so I might not understand the exact tone of what he said, but he essentially said he wanted to have sex with you (here in the open thread). Eat the ass. I don't understand the ban, and I'm not criticizing it either because we're not supposed to that here in the comment field. I'm just analyzing the whole event and our treatment of the guy as a community.

Then what follows is his rant, how he felt he was treated unjustly. As soon as you get into an agitated mode you can say nasty things. I don't think the things he said were anymore bad than you hear in a Hollywood movie by characters we think are very cool. And this guy brought it into the open like a man, unlike the majority of us who wouldn't dare to. I think he deserves huge respect for that. The homophobic word he used shouldn't be interpreted literally. What he meant by the word was that he felt somebody had acted against him in a cowardly fashion. Now that's still a grave accusation to bring forward against another person but we must remember the context, that he had just been moderated and was in an agitated mode.

And him writing you a PM hitting on you, telling you are hot, now that's a little pathetic if a guy puts a lot of emotional effort into it thinking it can become anything in real life, but looked upon as just a token of appreciation it was cool. And I don't think anything hypocritical was revealed. He wasn't two-faced. In his rant post he already admitted that a hot girl showing his ass is something a guy "must" comment. His usage of the word attention whore was just due to heat of the moment frustration, but the point he wanted to get through was that if somebody shows her sexy ass in the open she must also be ready to take the consequences. He indirectly blamed you for being responsible because it was your picture that caused him to comment. That blame is wrong of course, you are perfectly innocent here, but the guy's reaction is understandable when you are in a frustrated mode.

And onionberry, you have "taken the consequences" in an excellent way. You have given very cool comments in this thread and shown appropriate attention to the reactions in a lighthearted, humourous way just like it should be.  You probably had no problem with his original comment. Somebody else must have reported it for sure.

I don't think you post pics of your ass and then secretly complain that men wants to have sex with you. You're not that kind of person.

So what are we here, a pack of raving wolves who pick targets and shred them to pieces? The guy already got his sentence. It's not nice if we universally condemn him and thereby make it impossible for him to come back with his dignity preserved after the ban. It's not cool if we pretend like we ourselves are so holy.

I think this all is very unfortunate and I hope we can recover from this situation including the banned guy in question.

He clearly has anger issues. He doesn't realize that going up to someone and telling them you want to eat their ass is not only disgusting, but inappropriate. Similar to how girls shouldn't go up to guys and describe how they want a dick rammed into them, I think guys should follow common decency and leave sexual fantasies to themselves.

I'm not sure if it's an Arab thing, but talking about sex isn't necessarily a taboo, but it's not something people like to talk about with others(especially on the Internet). If you want to describe your fantasies to your friends, knock yourself out. Yank it out if you need to so badly. I'd prefer for a man to masturbate and leave his desires to himself than to share it to the world and get angry if a mod/fellow human being tells him to be more appropriate.

All of that rage was unnecessary. Instead of becoming a blind bull he could've shut up or just apologized and moved on. I'm sure he wouldn't have been banned if he was smarter about it all.

But it's not always easy to know exactly where the line goes, what's appropriate to say and what's not. But you make it sound it's the same as doing it in real life when it's clearly not. But for your information in my country it's possible to walk up to a person and say you want to fuck him/her. Depending on the context of course, but sometimes it is appropriate.

But anyway, in this case it was a comment on the internet. We're much more tolerant on the internet. It is so and it should be so.

So you don't feel he is being mistreated afterwards at all?

It's this that makes me so sad. He made a mistake and now he's laughing stock. It's perfectly fine for everyone to spew their disgust against that person.

"Asshole", "two-faced", "douchebag", "some people suck", "idiot", "bitch", "you can't show your face here anymore".

He doesn't deserve this, and he already got a punishment. Com'on guys, we're better than this. Please! Let's not hurt each other anymore.

Slimebeast said:
hershel_layton said:

But it's not always easy to know exactly where the line goes, what's appropriate to say and what's not. But you make it sound it's the same as doing it in real life when it's clearly not. But for your information in my country it's possible to walk up to a person and say you want to fuck him/her. Depending on the context of course, but sometimes it is appropriate.

But anyway, in this case it was a comment on the internet. We're much more tolerant on the internet. It is so and it should be so.

So you don't feel he is being mistreated afterwards at all?

It's this that makes me so sad. He made a mistake and now he's laughing stock. It's perfectly fine for everyone to spew their disgust against that person.

"Asshole", "two-faced", "douchebag", "some people suck", "idiot", "bitch", "you can't show your face here anymore".

He doesn't deserve this, and he already got a punishment. Com'on guys, we're better than this. Please! Let's not hurt each other anymore.

I'm all for change. If he can improve and leave this in the past, then I'll forget about it as well.

I was wondering why this thread was so huge. Now I know. Do you have any leg pics... er, for REFERENCE?!

Around the Network

This thread is at 510 comments now!
How far can this thing go?!?

the thread became interesting again thanks to that banned dude. Hope you'll reply to onionberry's post. I want this show to go on.

Slimebeast said:
onionberry said:

I don't have much to share, mostly is people being nice and talking about video games :p but that guy was a total jerk here in the comment section.

I honestly don't get it.

And onionberry, you have "taken the consequences" in an excellent way. You have given very cool comments in this thread and shown appropriate attention to the reactions in a lighthearted, humourous way just like it should be.  You probably had no problem with his original comment (about eating). Somebody else must have reported it for sure.

I dont even care if he said that he want to eat my ass. If mods think that he needs to be moderated for that then thats their thing. Anyways, his reaction was ignorant, "virgins, faggots, attention whores, losers" etc etc, if you have the guts to say all that because you're a badass then take the ban like the internet though guy you are.

StarOcean said:
Cobretti2 said:

well i did join all these long years ago for statistical summaries on what is going on wth video game sales lol. This any different haha?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/members.php?name=&gender=&keyword=&country=&type=&order=Last+created

I find it offensive that the vgchartz members search just assumes my gender, we should have trigger warnings on the front page, or next to the search button.

Slimebeast said:
onionberry said:

I honestly don't get it.

And onionberry, you have "taken the consequences" in an excellent way. You have given very cool comments in this thread and shown appropriate attention to the reactions in a lighthearted, humourous way just like it should be.  You probably had no problem with his original comment (about eating). Somebody else must have reported it for sure.

The user was first warned for his comment about "Eating her ass". There is nothing wrong with a warinng as it there to help set the guidelines of behavior for this thread/forum. There is not negative consequence for being warned.

The reaction in regards to being Warned, by publicly critizing every member, calling out OP, and in general being a total a**hole about it and taking the situation too far was what got him banned.

It was the way in which he handled himself that made him deserve every ounce of scrutiny he receieved. I believe that if you follow the timeline below to get a better understanding.

• First, he messaged Onionberry to inquire about her relationship status because he was interested in her. (There is nothing inherently wrong with this but is a bit on the Internet Creepy side of things.
  • Next, he publicly commented his sexual desire in an ill-mannered way.
  • He was warned about his comment so as to know he should not comment in such a way on this thread/forum.
  • His reaction to the warning was to insult every member, attack the moderators who warned him, and finally attack Onionberry for posting in the first place. All verbal attacks were obviously meant to do harm in the best way that he could think of.
  • Since all but the original message of relational status inquiry was public he immediately got backlash from the community as they felt insulted.
  • Then Onionberry, whom I am sure also felt a bit insulted, posted the banned users relationship status inquiry to better pain the picture as to how much of an a**hole this guy was truly being.

When you look at everything that occurred in the full timeline that it had occurred it is very easy to see why this guy received the backlash he got, and why his actions actually made it deserving.