By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Dead 3 announcement with the NX

SWORDF1SH said:
Kerotan said:
So it's announced. On xbox and Playstation. Not on Nintendo platforms and pc. As expected.

If you're a fan of rockstar you really should own either a PS or XB. Anyway this news is megaton. So hyped for next year.

But they can't announce a game for a system that hasn't been named yet.

Haha rockstar can do whatever the fuck they want! 

Around the Network
Game_God said:
setsunatenshi said:
it's like giving the news that Santa Claus isn't real in the primary school lol

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Watch the Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer at 11AM Eastern on Thursday, October 20th at rockstargames.com, as well at the official Rockstar Games YouTube and Twitch pages."

You insisting on pitting the videogame industry as PS/XBox are for real gamers/adults vs Nintendo is for children remembers me that great quote:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms.   When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

I f*ckin love this forum... only here I can have a guy pissed at me calling me a PC elitist and another guy in a different thread accusing me of saying only the PS4 XBox are for real gamers! You can't make this shit up :D

Dude, I only commented that the platforms had different audiences. I never qualified one as good or bad. Sure I have my own preferences, but they did not come to play here at all.

My only point was to call bullshit on the original claim from the OP of having the RDR2 revealed in some fantasy NX event. And what do you know... while several people tried to tell me how wrong I was in my logic, it turns our R* reveals the game on their own twitter and website mentioning only the Xbox and PS4 platforms.

Instead of arguing my original point you go on a tangent about how you interpret my words as derrogatory to the Nintendo fanbase. If someone's taking this too serious its you for sure :D

Being berated for being right...

While it's really shocking the reveal didn't happen at the NX reveal, an NX version is technically not ruled out because Rockstar could just be under nda like every other living soul on this planet.

But I wouldn't exactly hold my breath, no.

Poor onionberry's butt.

So Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced and no mention of the NX (what a surprise). What is going to happen now? Who's going to take responsability for this thread and eat the righteous crow?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Taggin' for the possible butt picture.....

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Why not? Ubisoft did it.

And Sega.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

setsunatenshi said:
Game_God said:

No, but you come of as very, very condescending all wrapped up in a rather full of yourself nauseating "elite/hardcore" superiority theories. I have news for you, like me & I have no problem admiting it, you are a nerd playing children games, deal with it, there's nothing mature or manly about playing video games, just some fun good times alone or better with friends, just like a good old Monopoly, RISK, Uno or Battleship!!!

Not sure you've noticed that as you were typing this diatribe, R* just announced RDR2 coming to Xbox 1 and PS4.

I guess I was right afterall :)

Oh yes, I'm a gamer, not sure exactly what makes you think they are for children though :D. Why exactly are there labels for games with age ratings?

For my post to be a diatribe, all those you posted before surely need to fall in the same category!

My posts don't adress the veracity or lack of it about what onionberry wrote, just your patronizing tone in this thread, so you being right or not isn't the subject!

Game ratings exist so children can pick play "adult" games to make them feel all grown up, that is what happens in reality.

When you're an adult you don't care about the game age rating, you play what you like, on the other hand +18 rating is like putting honey on a game for kids...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Slarvax said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why not? Ubisoft did it.

And Sega.

And Square Enix with DQXI

Bandorr said:
S.Peelman said:
While it's really shocking the reveal didn't happen at the NX reveal, an NX version is technically not ruled out because Rockstar could just be under nda like every other living soul on this planet.

But I wouldn't exactly hold my breath, no.

Poor onionberry's butt.

Rockstar could be under NDA yes so my question is - why did they announce it today? It isn't the anniverary of either of the title.

If they wanted to they could have just waited until they were no longer under NDA. It would save any confusion of saying "Playstation xbox" and then adding "oh and nintendo NX" months later.

Occam's razor. The simplest answer is usually the best. And right now, the simplest answer is there is no NX version.

Kerotan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Haha rockstar can do whatever the fuck they want! 

Lol they probably could and Ninty would just have to take it. Anyway I originally wrote a message blasting the OP for making another stupid "insider" thread but having though it over I deleted it. Why? Because the OP could still be right, Rockstar might want to announce game beforehand and then reveal gameplay/trailer at the NX reveal. That way it maximises good press.