By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BattleField 1 is one of the worse performing tittles at 60fps on Consoles, runs at 620p in some cases! Awfull!

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think 720p games on PS4 is inevitable because eventually developers will push graphics over resolution.

We cant always expect 1080p when developers want to make more visually impressive games, especially at 60 fps.

If they're 720p on ps4 the xb1 version is going to get messy. 

Not necessarily, it would probably be like lowering some of the graphics settings in a PC game. Its not like PC games turn messy with a few settings turned down a bit.

PS4 is more powerful, but not to an extreme extent. PS4 can simply do anything X1 does with a little more polish.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
WrathofTank said:

The truth is that if the same game sells on console and on pc, it will pretty much always have a much larger player base on console, including Overwatch.  I've have understood why Blizzard has focused so hard on Overwatch on PC when they have a much larger audience on console based on sales.

Because PC games are more profitable, PC games tend to have longer legs and PC games tend to be the platform used in allot of eSports events.

Every game Blizzard sells on PC, is 30% or more of a cut that doesn't go into Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo's pockets but goes to Blizzard instead.

PC Games tend to keep-on selling for decades. On consoles they tend to fall into obscurity after the initial release, StarCraft Brood Wars didn't hit 10~ million copies sold overnight for example, Diablo 3 PC outsold all console versions.

And eSports is the logical part, Overwatch is a very eSports centric game, mouse and keyboard is better for competitive players, the PC also allows for eSports organizations to have their own overlays and such.

The PC also doesn't charge for patches, so when Blizzard tests a new idea, they test/experiment with it on the PC first, because. You know. Money and all that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Radek said:

620p-1000p on Xbox One? What a huge difference, why couldn't they just opt for 620p-800p or 620p-900p?
Yeah that's right, cause Microsoft is damage controling Xbox One S to make it look better than it really is. It will hit 1000p like 2% of the time when nothing happens on the screen. Should be 800p-1080p on PS4 easily.

PS4 Pro should be easily locked at 1080p on ultra details.

With decent optimization it should surely perform as good as desktop RX 470, no?

Doubtful.

walsufnir said:
Radek said:

620p-1000p on Xbox One? What a huge difference, why couldn't they just opt for 620p-800p or 620p-900p?
Yeah that's right, cause Microsoft is damage controling Xbox One S to make it look better than it really is. It will hit 1000p like 2% of the time when nothing happens on the screen. Should be 800p-1080p on PS4 easily.

PS4 Pro should be easily locked at 1080p on ultra details.

With decent optimization it should surely perform as good as desktop RX 470, no?

Doubtful.

No with decent optimazation the ps4 pro will perform worse, since this setup has an increadible fast i7 processor and 32gb aof superfast ddr4 ram lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Radek said:
walsufnir said:

Doubtful.

Yes I know, but we've seen games performing almost as good as i3's on these crappy Jaguars, there's some extreme optimization done by DICE.

I wonder how big of an impact 2,1 GHz is gonna make compared to 1,75 GHz and 1,6 GHz.

Not very much in terms of comparison to desktop CPUs. I don't think Battlefield will run at 1080p60 at Ultra on the Pro.

Around the Network

Hmmm this will affect the sales. Now it will sell 14.9M instead of 15M...

iNathan said:

Yes it is true, BF1 is absolutely terrible on it´s Conquest online mode on Consoles, more properly the Xbox One, early reports suggest that the game runs at 620p in some cases and frames are among the worse ever on Xbox One. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6cy7wfv8To

Don´t fall for the hype, do not buy this on Xbox 1.

Fixed.

Well, I don't know what you people expect? The Xbox 1 is inferior in rendering power and BF1 is a really demanding game. If Dice would go for 1080p 60fps then they would have downgraded the visuals by a lot and people would obviously still complain. So what do you expect?

I buy multiplatform games on the PC and especially games like Battlefield.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

BraLoD said:
So it's a 7th gen game?

Lmao

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Radek said:
walsufnir said:

Doubtful.

Yes I know, but we've seen games performing almost as good as i3's on these crappy Jaguars, there's some extreme optimization done by DICE.

I wonder how big of an impact 2,1 GHz is gonna make compared to 1,75 GHz and 1,6 GHz.

It could possibly match that i3-2100 that does almost locked 60 fps.

I may be wrong of course and I may have overestimated results, but 60 fps locked should be possible I think.

The Irony is... All those Jaguar "console" cores are roughly equivalent to a Core i3 3ghz Haswell anyway.

There isn't any "extreme optimization" happening. You are getting a compromised experience with less details, lower resolution.
If you want the PC experience, buy a PC.

Also. All the GPU's you listed in that benchmark are faster than the Xbox One, so why would you expect PC-levels of graphics/resolution and framerate out of the Xbox?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Radek said:

It could possibly match that i3-2100 that does almost locked 60 fps.

I may be wrong of course and I may have overestimated results, but 60 fps locked should be possible I think.

The Irony is... All those Jaguar "console" cores are roughly equivalent to a Core i3 3ghz Haswell anyway.

There isn't any "extreme optimization" happening. You are getting a compromised experience with less details, lower resolution.
If you want the PC experience, buy a PC.

Also. All the GPU's you listed in that benchmark are faster than the Xbox One, so why would you expect PC-levels of graphics/resolution and framerate out of the Xbox?

That's exactly right.

I would even add, if we want to experience PC quality games on console we can't freak out at the thought of a console costing more than 600$. Until the general consumer is comfortable with that thought (or we accept 2 skus as a norm, premium and regular) this conversation will keep leading us no where.

Gaming isn't only about GPU and TFLOPS.