By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Beyond Good and Evil 2 to be a reboot, CG teaser being shown at NX reveal

This is coming from Laura Kate Dale, who leaked Until Dawn: Rush of Blood before its announcement. According to her, instead of being a sequel, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is apparently being made as some sort of reboot of the series and would release in 2018 (That would explain the change in artstyle imo). Also, it seems there will be a new CG trailer, which will be shown during the NX reveal as an exclusive game.

I think this could be true, especially because ever since this game was re-announced it wasn't reffered to as Beyond Good and Evil 2, but as "a new Beyond Good and Evil game" by Ubisoft. They haven't said the planned platforms too, so there's still a chance that it could be NX exclusive.

Anyways, full source here for those that want more details:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-new-beyond-good-evil-to-be-a-2018-semi-reboot-not-full-sequel/

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Awws

I wanted a sequel but I'll take a reboot I guess.

Being exclusive doesnt bother me since I'll be getting the NX sometime in the future.

Same here, more than likely. But if the system is undepowered I would have liked a multiplatform release, just to be able to choose the prettiest version of them all

OT: It makes sense in all honesty Even the release dat, if work only started this q3/4

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hope it's multiplat, as I have serious doubt that I'll be buying an NX. But wadryougundo?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm getting a NX either way so whether its exclusive or multiplat it bothers me not.

I think this rumor seems more and more legit now. It's defnitely going to be available on NX and chances are high that it will even be NX exlusive. Maybe this game was the same game Ubisoft hold back for Wii U?

Around the Network

This rumor just keeps coming back.. Maybe it's legit?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Dr.Vita said:
I think this rumor seems more and more legit. It's defnitely going to be available on NX and chances are high that it will be NX exlusive. Maybe this game was the same game Ubisoft hold back for Wii U?

Actually, if I can recall correctly, the game Ubi was holding back was some sort of multiplayer party game, nothing comparable to BG&E2. I assume Nintendo did the same thing with BG&E2 what they did with Bayo2. Ubisoft wasn't keen on paying for the game, so Nintendo signed the checks for them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'd much rather have a sequel but I'll take what I can get. As far as NX exclusivity goes, I'm fine with it if Nintendo funded the project, a la Bayonetta 2. But if this is just a simple "moneyhat," to use the phrase du jour, then I'm not so fine with it.

I want the BG&E property to thrive, and the best way for that to happen would be via the biggest audience possible.

Darwinianevolution said:
Dr.Vita said:
I think this rumor seems more and more legit. It's defnitely going to be available on NX and chances are high that it will be NX exlusive. Maybe this game was the same game Ubisoft hold back for Wii U?

Actually, if I can recall correctly, the game Ubi was holding back was some sort of multiplayer party game, nothing comparable to BG&E2. I assume Nintendo did the same thing with BG&E2 what they did with Bayo2. Ubisoft wasn't keen on paying for the game, so Nintendo signed the checks for them.

Ok, thank you for the information!
Looking forward to see footage of this game. :)

Dr.Vita said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Ok, thank you for the information!
Looking forward to see footage of this game. :)

Okay, found something about the canned game. Here's the info: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39611/unreleased-finished-wii-u-game-from-ubisoft-revealed

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.