By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Tagged games:

Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Never gonna happen 223 77.70%

I believe! 64 22.30%

Total:287

So it seems, like all the rumours of Switch being superpowerful this one was also wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

its a hybrid!

Anyone check on Supermetaldave 64? Is he alive? Is he ok?

I know you can't possibly be that naive. lol

Soundwave said:

hilarious. i still want to see all the people that SWORE this wasnt a hybrid

Around the Network

In other news... It isn't!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

And there we have it: powered by Nvidia Tegra SoC. Portable architecture that easily docks ands syncs to your existing home HDTV/display.

Yes, it comes with a high res display, the specs of which have yet to be fully disclosed and yes, it comes with a high capacity LiPo/LiIon battery for portable use, much like a tablet PC.

No, it does not have the same performance as the PS4 Pro, or twice the power of a PS4.

I really like the concept, execution and overall design aesthetics, but won't consider raw performance as the "wow factor" selling point, at least not relative to current home consoles.

oniyide said:
Soundwave said:

It isnt. It still just a portable witch conects to a tv by a wire. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
oniyide said:

It isnt. It still just a portable witch conects to a tv by a wire. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date.

Much of the discussion of hybrid was centred around the Eurogamer article which never allude to the dock having its own specs. This new definition that people have created is very convenient lol

eva01beserk said:
oniyide said:

Nintendo is going to have a very hard time introducing that considering all of the "this is a home console" marketing speak they've gotten on with in the past day. If anything, all i see them doing is integrating the tablet and the dock into one solid block, and selling it with a puppy controller and a pro controller. I don't see the power increasing signficantly.

What you would have then is essentially a Playstation TV vs the PS Vita, and no one is calling the PS Vita a "hybrid"