By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Tagged games:

Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Never gonna happen 223 77.70%

I believe! 64 22.30%

Total:287
eva01beserk said:
oniyide said:

hilarious. i still want to see all the people that SWORE this wasnt a hybrid

It isnt. It still just a portable witch conects to a tv by a wire. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date.

ROFL! So now we have not one but two groups in denial.

Group A: "It is handheld console. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date."

Group B: "It is a home console. Nothing else. A dedicated handheld could still come at a later date."

Around the Network
Conina said:
eva01beserk said:

It isnt. It still just a portable witch conects to a tv by a wire. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date.

Group A: "It is handheld console. Nothing else. A dedicated home console could still come at a later date."

Group B: "It is a home console. Nothing else. A dedicated handheld could still come at a later date."

And a groupa that says it will fail as both

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Conina said:

Im hoping for an external power unit that actually makes the docking station provide gpu performance to the tablet when docked and so would be cheap to purchase since its just an external gpu. But I highly doubt this from nintendo. So im hoping for a dedicated console at least. 

Thisthing will still not get any of the big multyplats.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Its probably not even twice as power as a wiiu let alone a ps4

teigaga said:
eva01beserk said:

Much of the discussion of hybrid was centred around the Eurogamer article which never allude to the dock having its own specs. This new definition that people have created is very convenient lol

exactly, the goalpost moving is insane

Around the Network
Conina said:
eva01beserk said:

we're gonna have our own little Civil War!

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

Im hoping for an external power unit that actually makes the docking station provide gpu performance to the tablet when docked and so would be cheap to purchase since its just an external gpu. But I highly doubt this from nintendo. So im hoping for a dedicated console at least. 

people really need to let this dream go, if Ninty was truly interested in getting those big multiplats, then they would get them. But hell I could be wrong and NS will get those games.

oniyide said:
eva01beserk said:

people really need to let this dream go, if Ninty was truly interested in getting those big multiplats, then they would get them. But hell I could be wrong and NS will get those games.

True, Not that I need them anyways as I have my ps4, but as a nintendo fan since the nes, I want them to succed and want all the help they can get and third party suport would be a huge bonus.

And this is them trying I belive. I have no problem if this is just that a handheld that plays nintendo games, but if it fails cuz others dont want that then the nintendo games will stop coming as well, therefore I was afected that the ddevice had no third party suport even though I have no interest in them.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

As I said in another thread I would be totally cool with they launching a line of HW on the Switch family. You may buy the HH or Home Console for the likes of 150 and 250 or buy the hybrid version for 300, all three playing the same game with only graphics differences and input improvement. So no one would need to pay extra for the part they won't use. So like the Tegra option is HH, the dock enhancing the system to better graphics or if you want just the console it could either be the same power of the hybrid but cheaper since SOC and no LCD and switch controller or make it more powerfull since there is no need for it to go out of the desk. But Nintendo probably saw how diminut their home console market have been shrinking so they basically gone full HH with only an option to put it on dock to make a tentative home console... but depending on their strategy against smartphones they will fail hard even on that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Easy, no? If the dock doesn't have anything else than wires for the charger and TV, then it's just a tablet with a TV connection.

If the dock has an additional CPU/GPU to add some power to the tablet, then it's an hybrid. It will be really easy to understand when we'll have the specs.