By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: OK with PSVR on PC in future

Yeah... IMO this was obvious from the start. Push PSVR as a PS4 exclusive for 1-2 years, and then throw it out for PC. Existing owners will already have a PC compatible headset, new players will have another VR option. With the pace the PSVR is selling in comparison with the rival devices Sony might actually grab the lions share in the longrun. Perfect Trojan horse for Sony to use in the ever growing PC gaming industry.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

They should put it on there sooner rather than later if they want it on PC. "Years from now" won't be good enough, it's already a lower tier budget VR option. Down the line there will be better tech available for PC at comparable prices.

Kerotan said:

Yeah but the point is it will do well sales wise relatively to the competition on pc.  Not only will it be budget VR but it will also have a very strong focus on AA and AAA games. 

"it will" isn't 100% guaranteed though on PC, not with other headsets existing. I've also pointed out that there are already two other headsets that aren't like the OR and Vivde in terms in high end price. No one stated that said headsets cannot play a AAA game though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah but the point is it will do well sales wise relatively to the competition on pc.  Not only will it be budget VR but it will also have a very strong focus on AA and AAA games. 

"it will" isn't 100% guaranteed though on PC, not with other headsets existing. I've also pointed out that there are already two other headsets that aren't like the OR and Vivde in terms in high end price. No one stated that said headsets cannot play a AAA game though.

Point is psvr will do well because of the software and price combination.  And the longer the wait the higher the chance it will be psvr 2.0 releasing on pc and not the current one. 

Kerotan said:

Point is psvr will do well because of the software and price combination.  And the longer the wait the higher the chance it will be psvr 2.0 releasing on pc and not the current one. 

Even then we will still have the competition with their alternatives and refinements. That's the good thing about the PC market, there will be multiple options that go on and on, rather than permanently expensive with only one option, that isn't going to be the case in the future on PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Even then we will still have the competition with their alternatives and refinements. That's the good thing about the PC market, there will be multiple options that go on and on, rather than permanently expensive with only one option, that isn't going to be the case in the future on PC.

I'm aware of that but my point is this particular option will do well for itself and sell accordingly. And as long as psvr remains the most promising device on the market it will get the best support from AA and AAA devs like it does right now. 

Kerotan said:

I'm aware of that but my point is this particular option will do well for itself and sell accordingly. And as long as psvr remains the most promising device on the market it will get the best support from AA and AAA devs like it does right now. 

I'm aware of that myself, but my point is that it will do fairly ok, but not gangbusters and that it won't be taking a huge share on PC with the competition being around like some here seem to think of it.

Also the other headsets are going to support AA and AAA games, I think you're reffering to the company itself that pays up front for AAA games rather than the ehadset being able to play any at all, the majority of headsets that are on PC will.

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

I'm aware of that myself, but my point is that it will do fairly ok, but not gangbusters and that it won't be taking a huge share on PC with the competition being around like some here seem to think of it.

Also the other headsets are going to support AA and AAA games, I think you're reffering to the company itself that pays up front for AAA games rather than the ehadset being able to play any at all, the majority of headsets that are on PC will.

I don't expect it to do gangbusters on pc because none of the headsets are.  I expect it to take a respectable portion of the pc share.  Enough to make it worth it for Sony and psvr. 

The majority of headsets will play AA or AAA titles but they'll be missing a lot of them that are on psvr either exclusive or timed.  That makes psvr attractive for its line up,  not just it's price. 

This was obvious with the whole 'connecting your DS4' to PC with a USB stick and the Steam feature.

Kerotan said:

I don't expect it to do gangbusters on pc because none of the headsets are.  I expect it to take a respectable portion of the pc share.  Enough to make it worth it for Sony and psvr. 

The majority of headsets will play AA or AAA titles but they'll be missing a lot of them that are on psvr either exclusive or timed.  That makes psvr attractive for its line up,  not just it's price. 

It won't be taking a respectable portion of the PC marketshare though, that's you basing it on what it's sold on Sony hardware alone, a system without any sort of VR headset competition, the same will not be said for PC, not with actual competition existing within that market.

Making games exclusive to PSVR headset on PC isn't going to help PSVR, we've already seen ill talk of VR headset exclusive games when it comes ot OR and it won't be looked on any different with PSVR when it comes to PC. 

We're also forgetting about the Vive and other headsets in general, no one stated that they won't be egtting any decent amount of AAA-AA games (unless we are about to?).