By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: OK with PSVR on PC in future

Azuren said:

I'm sure there is a measurable cross-over of people with PSVR and people with interest in budget PC VR. If made compatible with PC, it would likely already be already a decent market share. 

And yet it's not going to stop the competition from having their budget VR by the time it even decides to reach PC. No one is saying that the competition will never do budget VR, we already have the Razer OSVR for example along with Sulon Q.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

They should put it out for PC. Maybe that would lead to more VR games on the PlayStation as well.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

It will take 2 or 3 years till we see the real good VR games. I hope the thing stays in fashion so we can see it in its full potential

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Awesome for PC gamer! They will save hundreds of dollar with this!

it has to go pc at some point. the problem is that this will be the low end vr in 2 years. so if they wait that long, thy wont have much of a market to go after. unlike consoles, pc gadgets can update/change every 6-12 months. Just based on the pricepoint of PSVR, the PC counterparts will release version 2 in 2017 and keep their version 1 for a pricedropped entry model.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Nice to have options, it will happen sooner rather than later. There are/will be plenty other options for headsets on PC but it's always better to have one that works on all, It's bad enough to have 3 different types of controllers around each gen, plus a bunch from previous gens.

Chazore said:
Azuren said:

I'm sure there is a measurable cross-over of people with PSVR and people with interest in budget PC VR. If made compatible with PC, it would likely already be already a decent market share. 

And yet it's not going to stop the competition from having their budget VR by the time it even decides to reach PC. No one is saying that the competition will never do budget VR, we already have the Razer OSVR for example along with Sulon Q.

Yeah but the point is it will do well sales wise relatively to the competition on pc.  Not only will it be budget VR but it will also have a very strong focus on AA and AAA games. 

I don't see why not. Sony would love to sell PS devices to non-PS users, and if the headset works on PC, why wouldn't they make it avalible there?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It makes sense. Most probably 1st party PSVR games will remainn PS exclusives, but Sony will be surely happy to sell peripherals for PC too and possibly get devs to make PC VR games that are more easily portable to PS, supporting its VR device from the start.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I expect them to be working on this shit 24/7. I already own the PSVR and if I can use it on PC as well it will be simply perfect. No reason why I should fork over $900 to get the Vive when I don't have enough realestate space to use it.

I just want to play Dirt in VR on PC and be a happy man.

Let's do this Sony!!