By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: OK with PSVR on PC in future

But current focus is games. 

プレステVRは、単なるプレステ4向けの周辺機器にとどまらないのだ。先述の伊藤氏は「今すぐではないが」と前置きした上で、将来的にプレステVRをパソコンと 接続して利用できるようにする計画を検討中であることも認めた。「プレステ4は元々、内部パーツがパソコンに近いため可能性はある。今はゲームに集中しているた め、何かを発表する段階ではないが、さまざまな分野に広げられるだろう」(伊藤氏)

But PlayStation VR is not just a Playstation 4 peripheral. While Ito warned that "nothing will happen right away," he revealed that Sony was considering plans to enable the use of Playstation VR through connection with PCs in the future. "Since Playstation 4 shares a lot of its internals with PCs, the possibility is there. At the moment we are focused on games and we are not ready to make any announcements at this stage, but I'd say there will be an expansion into various fields."

Source: Nikkei
through reddit.com/r/psvr

Seen this on gaf. 

Around the Network

I'm happy to hear this. Personally I think it makes sense to be ps4 exclusive now. Keep it to push ps4 sales. What's the point in selling it to PC gamers when they'll sell all they can manufacture now to ps4 players anyway.

In future when demand lowers, release it on PC aswell to keep sales up. That could be 1/2/3/4 years away so whenever that is.

I give PC developers one week and this shit runs on PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

In the future seems to be the magic sentence here. Besides perhaps in a year or two there might be more "affordable" VR devices for PC. Which pretty much lowers the demand for PSVR on pc.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
In the future seems to be the magic sentence here. Besides perhaps in a year or two there might be more "affordable" VR devices for PC. Which pretty much lowers the demand for PSVR on pc.

It's not like they will have a major share of PC VR in the future, the competition will be releasing more of their own as well as the current ones out there making refinements and lowering costs/prices. In the end the competition will do it's job at taking what they can while Sony takes it's small piece like it has with Streaming PS3 games from a server to your PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Qwark said:

It's not like they will have a major share of PC VR in the future, the competition will be releasing more of their own as well as the current ones out there making refinements and lowering costs/prices. In the end the competition will do it's job at taking what they can while Sony takes it's small piece like it has with Streaming PS3 games from a server to your PC.

Sony just sold hundreds of thousands of psvr.  They already have a big piece of the pie.  

I've personally posted two articles on this in the last year ...

The PS5 Exists. 

More competition is good for the consumer.
Also this will lower the entry price for PC users to experiance VR.

Kerotan said:

Sony just sold hundreds of thousands of psvr.  They already have a big piece of the pie.  

Not on PC they don't, and they won't have it on lockdown there either, not with the way the PC market works and generally being open.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Not on PC they don't, and they won't have it on lockdown there either, not with the way the PC market works and generally being open.

I'm sure there is a measurable cross-over of people with PSVR and people with interest in budget PC VR. If made compatible with PC, it would likely already be already a decent market share. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames