By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Fans - Don't Buy Rise Of The Tomb Raider!

At least not new anyway. You've waited this long - what's a few more months?

Don't forget about the treachery Crystal Dynamics showed to all Playstation fans when they made that deal with the devil. 

All of their BS "we did it because of Microsoft's passion..." excuse as they ran to the bank to cash that check.

If you buy it new- you're not only rewarding them for this kind of behavior- you're giving them a reason to make the same deal again in the future.

This isn't the same as other timed exclusivity deals. The Tomb Raider franchise wouldn't even exist, let alone become the success that it was, if it wasn't for the Playstation and all its fans.

Crystal Dynamics forgot about you - don't forget about that!

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network

get a life...
"treachery", "deal with the devil"

Go lose your virginity, and then come back to have a real conversation...

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

Edit: It was all worth it.

I say go buy a Xbox One and buy it for like $20. Then you can also get Gears 4, FH3, etc.

Good thread.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

maxleresistant said:
get a life...

Harsh but fair criticism.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I don't know, I think a decent launch will kind of remind them to never make a deal like this again, although I'm sure they've learned their lesson already. They'll certainly be conscious of the potential sales lost in the year wait.

I'm not normally fussy about exclusives but the Tomb Raider thing is undeniably backhanded. This isn't one of those cases where people got upset stupid reasons, like their favourite franchise is now multiplatform and can be enjoyed by even more people.

Around the Network

Nah, I will buy it anyway

Devs deserves to be rewarded for their great job

The only Tomb Raider game I've ever played was the one in a PS1 demo CD in 1997.

I think they've somewhat hurt themselves with this exclusive deal. Anyways, deal or no deal, I still have no plans to buy this game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Meh going to buy it when it drops in price later on as my backlog is way to big at the moment. Deal with the devil? Are you serious? I am not 100% sure, but this thread might get you banned. And for what? A practice that is common in the industry and that makes good AAA sequels a reality? Lets hope that Michael Ancel made a pretty damn good devilish deal and we will get BG&E2 :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wouldn't that also harm Sony and PS if fans didn't buy the game? What would it tell Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix?

I get where you're going; I had that same train of thought like a year ago. But that's not the answer. SE wouldn't see the game as profitable as in X1, so they'd be wary to release games in the future. They even added all DLCs and alternate outfits to sweeten the deal (if I'm not wrong). The devs wouldn't see it as retaliation, but more as a slightly risky investment.

Mr Puggsly said:
maxleresistant said:
get a life...

Harsh but fair criticism.

Just let him be, this is an obvious troll thread. Untill we get gems like RotTR and Bayonetta 2, I do not care how many deals with said underworld lord must be made

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!