By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Treyarch were darn good to Nintendo gamers

Not only did they bring us every COD game they made from Big Red One on Gamecube through to Black Ops II on Wii U, but they even ported ones they didn't make like Modern Warfare 1 & 3 and Ghosts.

With the COD series alone they brought us 5 "core" games on the Wii; how many other third parties did as much?

They may no longer be with us, but I think I'll always have a soft spot for them, for sticking with us when most others didn't.

Around the Network

Agreed. Treyarch devs seem to be Nintendo fans so they put their games on the Wii, Wii U. I bet if Activision would have allowed it BO3 would have been on Wii U.

Good on Treyarch.

Some of the CoD games work shockingly well on the Wii considering it's absolute lack of processing power compared to the rival consoles, it has a very good port of MW2 and really great use of the wiimote for aiming.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I bought black ops 2 for wii u though after already playing it on 360 and it was massively inferior. Much worse frame rates, missing detail, slower load times and a less ideal controller to play it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

It was games like this that really gave away just how poor the wii u spec was not even able to match consoles released 5-6 years before. At the time Nintendo fans were blaming lack of development experience and a cheap and nasty port as the explanation but now when you realise the wii u only has a 176 gflops gpu and 3 very weak 32bit PPC cores at 1.2ghz what they achieved seems pretty fantastic considering the game had fairly high cpu requirements.

Really it was only the motion controls on both wii and wii u that added something to the gamplay of their games.

Around the Network

because of this thread I whipped out the old Wii and started playing MW Reflex and Black Ops. I really forgot how good these games were. It's crazy despite how terrible Reflex looks on a 1080p tv and how we had to get used to the lag shooting, it's still my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Good times.

I wish they would bring the Remastered version to Wii U :(

Indeed. I even went out to buy those CoD games because they were so good to Nintendo. Black Ops 2 on Wii U is still a favorite. I wish they could have continued until BLOPs 3 but still they were better than most.

BO2 on Wii U was awesome. I remember playing it with the split screen and being so happy. wish more people tried those titles. It was so much better on Wii U because I could even use Wii remote which is so much better than dual analog.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

bonzobanana said:
I bought black ops 2 for wii u though after already playing it on 360 and it was massively inferior. Much worse frame rates, missing detail, slower load times and a less ideal controller to play it.

It was games like this that really gave away just how poor the wii u spec was not even able to match consoles released 5-6 years before. At the time Nintendo fans were blaming lack of development experience and a cheap and nasty port as the explanation but now when you realise the wii u only has a 176 gflops gpu and 3 very weak 32bit PPC cores at 1.2ghz what they achieved seems pretty fantastic considering the game had fairly high cpu requirements.

Really it was only the motion controls on both wii and wii u that added something to the gamplay of their games.

thanks for your personal opinion.

Pretty sure no Nintendo gamer really cared about these minor issues with COD because the motion controls is what made the game fun.

It was more the games that completely lacked features compared to their PS360 counter part like levels or multiplayer or were reskinned 2012 fifa game to pretend it was 2014 lol. that people were not happy about.

Cobretti2 said:
bonzobanana said:

thanks for your personal opinion.

Pretty sure no Nintendo gamer really cared about these minor issues with COD because the motion controls is what made the game fun.

It was more the games that completely lacked features compared to their PS360 counter part like levels or multiplayer or were reskinned 2012 fifa game to pretend it was 2014 lol. that people were not happy about.

Not just my personal opinion hence the eurogamer link which also has a mass of comments below. Many Nintendo gamers were disappointed with wii u games and many moved onto other consoles hence the poor market share and sales of the wii u. I'd agree that not all the wii u game issues were related to the weakness of the wii u hardware and many were just commercial decisions based on expected low sales and therefore limited resources to develop such games.