By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: PS4 Sales Up 380% On Back Of £149 bundles, 55% Higher Than XB1

Xbox One OG is still on fire sell everywhere

Preston Scott

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
bunchanumbers said:
So overall the Xbox One S is outselling the PS4 Slim, and the boost in PS4 sales was due to retailers doing fire sales on the older models. Too bad we don't see actual numbers, but the minor drop in Xbox One S sales is really encouraging.

I mean I guess that is one way to look at it. Or just the PS4 outsold the XB1. I have been seeing this before and it stood out to me. Why do we say the XB1s is outselling the PS4s even if the actual XB1 didn't outsell the PS4. Why do we seperate them? Just curious...but on another note I do think the PS4s sales will pick up when the OG bundles die out and they release the PS4s IW bundle.

because its fun to look at it in a bubble. Breaking down the numbers in one form or another form is just looking at them from a different angle. Nothing changes. PS4 is still king. I'm just looking at things from a different perspective. Hopefully nobody takes offense and I get banned.

Very interesting indeed. We're coming very close to the holiday shopping season with new models coming out. Thanks for the info.

these articles should be referencing YOY, not week over week as that's an entirely poor indicator of how sales really are doing. For instance, I'm sure that sales took a dive for both Sony and Ms leading up to the launch of their new slim consoles. So why then would we reference the week before the launch, where sales will have been abnormally lower? Year over year would have made much more sense and given us real numbers to work with.

I still don't understand the whole shtick about PS4 Slim vs PS4. PS4 Slim is a PS4. It's nothing more than a replacement in the most literal sense. The only difference is the physical size and shape. It's not meant to be viewed as it's own hardware, hence why not even Sony is calling it anything besides PS4. The slim part is just something the internet made up. 

It's simply there to carry regular PS4 sales from here on out. That's it. It's not it's own unique hardware. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I mean I guess that is one way to look at it. Or just the PS4 outsold the XB1. I have been seeing this before and it stood out to me. Why do we say the XB1s is outselling the PS4s even if the actual XB1 didn't outsell the PS4. Why do we seperate them? Just curious...but on another note I do think the PS4s sales will pick up when the OG bundles die out and they release the PS4s IW bundle.

because its fun to look at it in a bubble. Breaking down the numbers in one form or another form is just looking at them from a different angle. Nothing changes. PS4 is still king. I'm just looking at things from a different perspective. Hopefully nobody takes offense and I get banned.

Nothing wrong with that. I was just curious that's all. None the less I CAN NOT WAIT to get me LE Gears bundle tonight!

OT:

Good sales for the PS4!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Kerotan said:
I hate the way (and this goes for Xbox the other week aswell) we get all these stupid articles with these percentages. I wish we'd just get actual sales numbers like we do with Japan.

It's our western way of doing things. We'd appreciatte you respect it. 

As for this, it confirms it. Xbox does better whenever Slim sales are involved, and horribly when their original console's involved... Seems Sony realized with the Slim on the shelves it was time to start clearing the older models. MS better start doing the same soon... 

Still not getting an Slim until I have my sensor LED and glossy black faceplate back. Those look too luxurious for me to ditch in favor of lolplastic... 

aLkaLiNE said:
these articles should be referencing YOY, not week over week as that's an entirely poor indicator of how sales really are doing. For instance, I'm sure that sales took a dive for both Sony and Ms leading up to the launch of their new slim consoles. So why then would we reference the week before the launch, where sales will have been abnormally lower? Year over year would have made much more sense and given us real numbers to work with.

The group reporting on this news holds a clear bias in favor of XB1 S. They're constantly rushing out any possitve XB1 sales news they can in order to paint this picture that Sony is failing in the UK, while XB1 is just dominating. Same story with the US. People seem to completely ignore that PS4 still has an overall lead, and the boost in XB1 sales is coming from firesales over OG XB1's, and the spike from the release of the S due to MS marketing the shit out of it as it's own unique hardware. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Swordmasterman said:

So, Xbox One was up 990% from previous week, had 71% of Market share, fell 21% but the PS4 was up by 360% and surpassed the Xbox by 55%.

I think that, with those numbers, we can say that the Xbox One outsold the PS4 by the equal of 4 weeks (September level) of PS4 sales. And that the PS4 outsold the PS4 by over 5-6+ weeks of PS4 sales which the Xbox One sold half of that (3 or less weeks of PS4 sales) in the same week.)

So, the Xbox One is probably 1 week of PS4 sales ahead of the PS4.

I doubt that. Reading these numbers, the Xbox ones 990% increase minus the 21% drop week over week was still significantly smaller than Sonys 380% increase week over week which granted them (Sony) as many as all Xbox sales this week plus an extra 55%. All this really tells me is that the sales for xb1 had dropped off a cliff before the slim/firesale came out which is why that 990% boost sounded so incredible on paper. 

aLkaLiNE said:
Swordmasterman said:

So, Xbox One was up 990% from previous week, had 71% of Market share, fell 21% but the PS4 was up by 360% and surpassed the Xbox by 55%.

I think that, with those numbers, we can say that the Xbox One outsold the PS4 by the equal of 4 weeks (September level) of PS4 sales. And that the PS4 outsold the PS4 by over 5-6+ weeks of PS4 sales which the Xbox One sold half of that (3 or less weeks of PS4 sales) in the same week.)

So, the Xbox One is probably 1 week of PS4 sales ahead of the PS4.

I doubt that. Reading these numbers, the Xbox ones 990% increase minus the 21% drop week over week was still significantly smaller than Sonys 380% increase week over week which granted them (Sony) as many as all Xbox sales this week plus an extra 55%. All this really tells me is that the sales for xb1 had dropped off a cliff before the slim/firesale came out which is why that 990% boost sounded so incredible on paper. 

Not really, but it tells us they were not as far as we think they are...