By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: PS4 Sales Up 380% On Back Of £149 bundles, 55% Higher Than XB1

Sony’s PlayStation 4 has returned to the top of the weekly UK hardware race following a number of cut-price bundles.

Sales of the console climbed 380 per cent week-on-week, thanks to a 359 per cent boost to original PS4 sales, according to GfK hardware figures for the week ending October 1st obtained by MCV. Overall PS4 sales were 55 per cent higher than Xbox One.

However, sales of Microsoft’s machine fell by just 16 per cent, which is impressive considering the 989 per cent spike it enjoyed the previous week.

And Xbox One S sales remained 24 per cent higher than PS4 Slim, although PS4 claimed an overall market share of 57 per cent.

The PS4 sales spike followed widespread deals by several retailers, including Tesco, GAME, Argos and ShopTo, offering an original non-slim PS4 and a copy of either FIFA 17 or LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens for just £149 - £110 short of the RRP.

This was almost certainly an attempt to clear stock of the older machines ahead of efforts to shift the slim console in the run-up to Christmas, and before of the release of the PS4 Pro on November 10th.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-sales-up-380-on-back-of-149-bundles/0173486

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I hate the way (and this goes for Xbox the other week aswell) we get all these stupid articles with these percentages. I wish we'd just get actual sales numbers like we do with Japan.

Very nice. And again, thanks for the news.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

That news does not sound as positive in that article. Wonder what it will look like when the dust settles, both the S effect and firesale on older sku.

So, Xbox One was up 990% from previous week, had 71% of Market share, fell 21% but the PS4 was up by 360% and surpassed the Xbox by 55%.

I think that, with those numbers, we can say that the Xbox One outsold the PS4 by the equal of 4 weeks (September level) of PS4 sales. And that the PS4 outsold the PS4 by over 5-6+ weeks of PS4 sales which the Xbox One sold half of that (3 or less weeks of PS4 sales) in the same week.)

So, the Xbox One is probably 1 week of PS4 sales ahead of the PS4.

Around the Network

Definitely a great time to of grabbed your PS4.

So getting a copy of Fifa 17 with your PS4 you were effectively paying £109($137) for the PS4, I doubt we will see it that low again for another 2-3 years.

Right after that 1000% increased Xbox One week, PS4 is ahead and selling 1.55+ to 1 of the Xbox.

Fire sales from both sides... and the winner? the consumer :)

So overall the Xbox One S is outselling the PS4 Slim, and the boost in PS4 sales was due to retailers doing fire sales on the older models. Too bad we don't see actual numbers, but the minor drop in Xbox One S sales is really encouraging.

Can I remind people that OGPS4+PS4slim+PS4pro = PS4

Splitting each SKU up in order to suggest a winner or loser is stupid IMO.

The PS5 Exists. 

bunchanumbers said:
So overall the Xbox One S is outselling the PS4 Slim, and the boost in PS4 sales was due to retailers doing fire sales on the older models. Too bad we don't see actual numbers, but the minor drop in Xbox One S sales is really encouraging.

I mean I guess that is one way to look at it. Or just the PS4 outsold the XB1. I have been seeing this before and it stood out to me. Why do we say the XB1s is outselling the PS4s even if the actual XB1 didn't outsell the PS4. Why do we seperate them? Just curious...but on another note I do think the PS4s sales will pick up when the OG bundles die out and they release the PS4s IW bundle.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23