By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro Native 4K Games

Always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Around the Network
mutantsushi said:
GribbleGrunger said:
added: - COD Infinite Warfare shifts to native 4K when you stand still which is great for taking screenshots.

I don't think this is any different than the normal checkerboard rendering Sony et al have talked about.
That system alternates which set of pixels are "fully rendered" and which are interpolated every frame.
When the image is still, the previous frames' "fully rendered" pixels are still 100% valid, so result is full 4k image.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Every PS4Pro game will be 4K which that thread is about.
This thread is if it's Native 4K, without using the Checkerbox method.

To be clear, Sony's actual requirement for PS4Pro games/"mode" is only for 1080p.
Plenty of devs have in fact stated they will be offering 1080p modes for PS4Pro.
No reason why they couldn't ONLY offer a 1080p game without Half-4K Checkerboard etc.
(halving the pixel output would allow higher FX, possibly FPS, etc)
That said, the power of PS4Pro is pretty much designed around Half-4K Checkerboard,
and that will most often be seen as best usage of the power boost, even when sub-sampled down to 1080p.
I do think it could do some very nice stuff for lighting etc on pure 1080p.  Looks like devs are happy to offer options on that though.

DonFerrari said:

Errrr the game was designed at 30fps and works good on it, and the GPU was powered up, not the CPU.
So there isn't much point in making it 60fps instead of 4k. Are you complaining for the right reasons?

The CPU was upclocked by 30%.  
Which isn't enough for 30fps->60fps generally speaking, but is enough that "solid 30fps" isn't a concern as claimed above.

I agree. And reducing the resolution won't allow for it to reach 60fps, the CPU or optimization could though.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:
Removed COD because I'm not sure about it.

Unless they plan on adding 30 fps lock or something like that, don't expect CoD to make the list.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

added:

- Hustle Kings (Native 4K@60?FPS)

The PS5 Exists. 

Zkuq said:
Has Skyrim been confirmed to run at 30 FPS? What about the other games? Just asking because devs love talking about resolution (at least when it's good), but they don't seem to care that much about framerate.

How can any company remaster a 2011 game without the lowest of all benchmarks 30 fps? And you realize how captain obvious your question is. 

Around the Network

Gribs you've messed up the title. It should be 'Scorpio native 4k games' because we all know PS4 Pro is native 4k incapable.

DonFerrari said:
mutantsushi said:

The CPU was upclocked by 30%.  

Which isn't enough for 30fps->60fps generally speaking, but is enough that "solid 30fps" isn't a concern as claimed above.

I agree. And reducing the resolution won't allow for it to reach 60fps, the CPU or optimization could though.

For anybody else, for a 30% CPU boost to enable a boost to 60 fps, the PS4 game would need to already have been at 45 fps.
Both PS4 and Xbone are primarily constrained by CPU, that is their weakest link, and will be limiter for FPS.
Sony went with same old Jaguar CPU cores for Pro, so there really isn't any more "special sauce" available there to work magic.
Not sure why anybody would expect otherwise, Sony never suggested anything like this, and we aren't seeing anything like this from devs,
even when offering different "modes" (settings profiles) for Pro catering to max res, max FX, or even fps (stability), 30->60fps is not seen.

Interesting that Smite will be 4K/60. It's not a graphically demanding game so not surprised PS4P will do 4K. I just hope it doesn't come at a cost of a slightly unstable frame rate. I'd rather it have 60fps locked.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Just a quick question. Will The Last of Us Remastered be 1080p 60fps for PS4 Pro owners?

BraLoD said:
VizionEck

Perhaps I'll see you in the game some time?

The PS5 Exists.