By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro Native 4K Games

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Perhaps I'll see you in the game some time?

I'll be in a game? Boy I'm getting famous.
Or you mean the forum? xP

Vizioneck will be the game of the generation. 

Around the Network

added:

- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS)

Still waiting for more confirmation but it looks to be true. I've also put them in alphabetical order.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

added:

- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS)

Still waiting for more confirmation but it looks to be true. I've also put them in alphabetical order.

Not really interested in sports games, but it's good to hear that it's going to support 4K native (and 60 fps).

I have a question on The Last of Us Remastered supporting 4K Native at 30fps (with max shadow settings). Will it support 1080p 60fps at max shadow settings for PS4 Pro owners?

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Not really interested in sports games, but it's good to hear that it's going to support 4K native (and 60 fps).

I have a question on The Last of Us Remastered supporting 4K Native at 30fps (with max shadow settings). Will it support 1080p 60fps at max shadow settings for PS4 Pro owners?

I haven't heard anything on that so I'm going to assume it doesn't. We'll likely get better AA, shadows, lighting and perhaps added post-processing effects.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I haven't heard anything on that so I'm going to assume it doesn't. We'll likely get better AA, shadows, lighting and perhaps added post-processing effects.

Either way, I would like to play The Last of US Remastered on the PS4 Pro along with some other games I'm interested in like God of War III, the Uncharted games, and Infamous Second Son & First Light.

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Either way, I would like to play The Last of US Remastered on the PS4 Pro along with some other games I'm interested in like God of War III, the Uncharted games, and Infamous Second Son & First Light.

From what we've heard it doesn't take that much to add 4K to older titles. ND only have TWO people updating TLOUR and it's coming out this year. The Pro could give older titles more sales and if TLOUR does well perhaps Sony (and other devs) will consider other titles. Journey seems a perfect fit to me.

The PS5 Exists. 

Azuren said:
Sean Murray should promise No Man's Sky won't have native 4K.

That way it could have Native 4K.

Lol, I wasn't expecting that. Cracked me up.

It's confirmed that NBA 2K17 has HDR too.

The PS5 Exists. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Gribs you've messed up the title. It should be 'Scorpio native 4k games' because we all know PS4 Pro is native 4k incapable.

Problem is how many games would make the list for the Scorpio at this moment?

mutantsushi said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree. And reducing the resolution won't allow for it to reach 60fps, the CPU or optimization could though.

For anybody else, for a 30% CPU boost to enable a boost to 60 fps, the PS4 game would need to already have been at 45 fps.
Both PS4 and Xbone are primarily constrained by CPU, that is their weakest link, and will be limiter for FPS.
Sony went with same old Jaguar CPU cores for Pro, so there really isn't any more "special sauce" available there to work magic.
Not sure why anybody would expect otherwise, Sony never suggested anything like this, and we aren't seeing anything like this from devs,
even when offering different "modes" (settings profiles) for Pro catering to max res, max FX, or even fps (stability), 30->60fps is not seen.

Agree again about the need for 45 fps or so to reach 60 fps on the CPU gain. And sure some reduction in other graphic parts could help bring it to 60fps but it won't be as easy as just upping the res.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NBA at 4k and 60FPS is sweet.

MLB The Show next year is going to be something else!