By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mods and 4K Coming to PlayStation 4 for Skyrim and Fallout 4

LudicrousSpeed said:
Nuvendil said:

You have yet to show me or anyone who actually knows modding how in the world these are reasonable rules?  Restricting content that would alter the ESRB status (nudity and explicit material) and copyright infringing material are reasonable rules.  These rules are very unreasonable and, if applied in their strictest sense, severely, severely, severely limit modding potential on the platform.  New quests?  Only the most simple.  Atmospheric or environmental enhancements?  Next to none.  New weapons, armor, items? Nope.  New companion characters?  Only if you can work only with the voice files provided.  It doesn't establish quality control and the idea that they NEED this to ensure quality mods reach the top is ridiculous and if that's what they actually think than they are astoundingly out of touch and need to do research.  As do you.

And the idea that there's only two modes - limited to this absurd degree and unlimited - is frankly silly.  There's an enormous middle ground.  And there are superior levels of limited experience and inferior.  The PS4 is the most inferior of them all. 

Nailed it on all fronts. And don't hold your breath for any logical or reasonable reasons why this is acceptable. As you see the best you got is "hey guy it's no big deal!"

Exactly.  

It's no big deal and you know it's not to me.  I've said multiple times all I care about is the Pro support.  Super bumped to play that version of it.  As for the mods,  I'll be staying well away from them. 

Around the Network

Mods are nice, though not necessary. I'm more looking forward to native 4K. Pro is going kill this holiday season and make Sony's lead even more pronounced.

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nailed it on all fronts. And don't hold your breath for any logical or reasonable reasons why this is acceptable. As you see the best you got is "hey guy it's no big deal!"

Exactly.  

It's no big deal and you know it's not to me.  I've said multiple times all I care about is the Pro support.  Super bumped to play that version of it.  As for the mods,  I'll be staying well away from them. 

It's always a big deal when corporations make nonsensical decisions that hurt end user experiences in nonsensical manners.  I am fine with it being limited, it was going to be anyway with F4SE and SKSE not usable and copyrighted material not being allowed in any form.  I am not fine with it being more limited than need be for no other reason than...well actually no reason at all.

Kerotan said:

That goes without saying. But he's missing the point.  Almost everyone is limited in some way.  Ps4 getting limited mod support ain't a big deal.  That's the point. 

For you it isn't a big deal.

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Exactly.  

It's always a big deal when corporations make nonsensical decisions that hurt end user experiences in nonsensical manners.  I am fine with it being limited, it was going to be anyway with F4SE and SKSE not usable and copyrighted material not being allowed in any form.  I am not fine with it being more limited than need be for no other reason than...well actually no reason at all.

I agree.  Does xbox not get the copyrighted stuff either?  If it does,  why so? 

Around the Network

How exactly do you install mods on consoles? I've never known how.

XanderXT said:

There's a catalog where you look for the mod you want, press A and presto gravy! 

Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:

I agree.  Does xbox not get the copyrighted stuff either?  If it does,  why so? 

No it doesn't get those, but as I said, that's expected.  BGS does moderate the obviously no-go stuff and would have done the same for Playstation.  Nudity, explicitness, and of course copyrighted material.  But Xbox DOES get external assets though.  So, for example, want more weapons in Skyrim?  Well in Xbox, if it is made available by the author anyway, you can get Jaysus Swords:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1002/? .  Or maybe that's a bit extreme and you just want to either make weapons more accurate to past lore or just have unique weapons be unique.  Well then, you could grab these beauties:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72910/?   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61818/?  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33292/? .  Now, you can do that in Xbox.  You cannot do that on PS4.  Shoot, want a full new quest and region to play?  In theory at least, you could get Falskaar on Xbox:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/? .  Not on PS4.    And none of those have copyright material or explicit material.  They are restricted on PS4 for no adequately explained reason.  THAT'S what I have issue with.  Those shouldn't be excluded without a reason given.  I don't expect to see you able to carry Anduril in PS4 or Xbox's Skyrim.  But there's no reason you couldn't carry  The Sword of the Ancient Tongues.

See what I am saying?

AsGryffynn said:
XanderXT said:

There's a catalog where you look for the mod you want, press A and presto gravy! 

So if there was a mod for Macho Man Randy Savage, that's how you'd find it? Ok...

AsGryffynn said:
XanderXT said:

Wow.  I hope they've done a lot of work to make the auto sorting for the mod load order work right or there's going to be a mess if all these old Skyrim mods are compatible...