By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mods and 4K Coming to PlayStation 4 for Skyrim and Fallout 4

LudicrousSpeed said:
lol so I was right, your entire argument has been reduced to "well if you don't have a $5,000 PC you are limited!" lulz. Holy crap, that's incredible.

It's not an argument it's a fact.  And you can go for a cheaper pc or a more expensive one. 5k just a place holder lol.  Cray cray I know! 

Around the Network

Not a fact, just a weak argument. And none of it is relevant to the limited mods pertaining to this thread. But deflect however you wish I guess :)

It's sad that it had to take Bethesda coming out and saying how impossible things were to get Sony higher ups to move their fat rear ends. Let's hope they streamline their process a bit better in the fuure. I know of other companies that struggled with it but don't have the weight of a Bethesda to make them budge.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Not a fact, just a weak argument. And none of it is relevant to the limited mods pertaining to this thread. But deflect however you wish I guess :)

You can call it a weak fact but that's still a fact. 

OT: I'm delighted this is getting pro support.  Super hyped that one of my most requested games is getting supported.  

globalisateur said:
Talking about mods, the title of this thread is quite misleading, should be something like:

"Partial mods coming to all PS4 models and 4K coming to PS4 Pro for Skyrim and Fallout 4"

Don't shoot the messenger.  Besides "Mods" and "Partial mods" are both opened to interpretation given the context.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Around the Network
Nem said:
It's sad that it had to take Bethesda coming out and saying how impossible things were to get Sony higher ups to move their fat rear ends. Let's hope they streamline their process a bit better in the fuure. I know of other companies that struggled with it but don't have the weight of a Bethesda to make them budge.

There have been articles about how dated Sony's policies regarding this are. I hope when mods do come and PS4 is missing the best ones there is more stink about it and it forces Sony's hand. There will be other Bethesda games in the future with mods and other games where custom assets will be applicable.

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Regarding your bizarre celebrating of Sony limiting gamers doing something you claim to not even care about, yes :)

You seem confused, friend. Nowhere in my post does it say anything about unlimited anything. Please try again. Or is this what your argument is reduced to, you shouldn't care about having limited mod support because you can always build a "$5,000 PC"? lol

That's an awesome story but it doesn't relate to anything I have said about the actual topic :)

Lol you replied again!  

You said Sony was limiting it.  When in reality they're just applying very reasonable rules. 

So yes you said limiting and my point which completely went over your head was 99% of people are having a limited experience because they don't have an insane pc that can play it to the absolute max. 

You have yet to show me or anyone who actually knows modding how in the world these are reasonable rules?  Restricting content that would alter the ESRB status (nudity and explicit material) and copyright infringing material are reasonable rules.  These rules are very unreasonable and, if applied in their strictest sense, severely, severely, severely limit modding potential on the platform.  New quests?  Only the most simple.  Atmospheric or environmental enhancements?  Next to none.  New weapons, armor, items? Nope.  New companion characters?  Only if you can work only with the voice files provided.  It doesn't establish quality control and the idea that they NEED this to ensure quality mods reach the top is ridiculous and if that's what they actually think than they are astoundingly out of touch and need to do research.  As do you.

And the idea that there's only two modes - limited to this absurd degree and unlimited - is frankly silly.  There's an enormous middle ground.  And there are superior levels of limited experience and inferior.  The PS4 is the most inferior of them all. 

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Lol you replied again!  

You said Sony was limiting it.  When in reality they're just applying very reasonable rules. 

So yes you said limiting and my point which completely went over your head was 99% of people are having a limited experience because they don't have an insane pc that can play it to the absolute max. 

You have yet to show me or anyone who actually knows modding how in the world these are reasonable rules?  Restricting content that would alter the ESRB status (nudity and explicit material) and copyright infringing material are reasonable rules.  These rules are very unreasonable and, if applied in their strictest sense, severely, severely, severely limit modding potential on the platform.  New quests?  Only the most simple.  Atmospheric or environmental enhancements?  Next to none.  New weapons, armor, items? Nope.  New companion characters?  Only if you can work only with the voice files provided.  It doesn't establish quality control and the idea that they NEED this to ensure quality mods reach the top is ridiculous and if that's what they actually think than they are astoundingly out of touch and need to do research.  As do you.

And the idea that there's only two modes - limited to this absurd degree and unlimited - is frankly silly.  There's an enormous middle ground.  And there are superior levels of limited experience and inferior.  The PS4 is the most inferior of them all. 

That goes without saying. But he's missing the point.  Almost everyone is limited in some way.  Ps4 getting limited mod support ain't a big deal.  That's the point. 

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Lol you replied again!  

Nailed it on all fronts. And don't hold your breath for any logical or reasonable reasons why this is acceptable. As you see the best you got is "hey guy it's no big deal!"

I wonder what extra benefits people will get with the Pro when they run it at 1080p?

The PS5 Exists.