By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mods and 4K Coming to PlayStation 4 for Skyrim and Fallout 4

Bethesda's press release saying no mods on PS4 for Fallout 4 seems highly suspect now with such a short turnaround. Though perhaps it was the press release and highly negative reaction towards Sony that made Sony get properly on board and quickly sign on to an agreement.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ruler said:
vivster said:
I think this was less on Bethesda's part and more Sony caving in after negative backlash.

you dont really know what happened, maybe they will now quality controll their mods on PS4 somewhat

Or maybe I'm right.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the mods still arent up to snuff IMO http://kotaku.com/ps4-skyrim-and-fallout-are-getting-mods-after-all-but-1787456947 you gotta read fine print

I liked them better when they disliked each other.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

FloatingWaffles said:
LivingMetal said:

Then you make new ones, kickass ones that are only on the PS4.  VGChartz Skyrim and Falllout 4 Mods Team anyone?

I don't know much about modding at all, but I always thought the whole point was to put stuff in the game and makes changes that would never have been in the main game such as game changes or hilarious stuff or basically whatever anyone wanted. 

I can see people still making some cool mods on the PS4 versions but I would think they would be really limited if they can only use stuff that was already in the main game. Basically any mod that uses external assets can't be used on PS4 now. 

I'm not going to say that those things aren't very important to some people.  Being able to play with real-life guns that don't exist within Fallout 4, as an example, is very popular.  

The top 25 (non-adult) mods on Nexus, however, are mostly mods that enhance gameplay.  Armorsmith Extended, Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource, Lowered Weapons, Spring Cleaning, Home Maker, Darker Nights, Better Settlers, Longer Power Lines, Legendary Modification--most of these would be fine or would be fine with a few adjustments.  These are the kind of mods that make the game better.  I use most of them, myself.

Cosmetic mods are certainly a loss.  I know I would hate to give up some of them.  They are far from being the whole point of modding, though.  Not by a long shot.  If I had to choose, I'd take game-play enhancement mods in a heart-beat.

Around the Network
idc219 said:

the mods still arent up to snuff IMO http://kotaku.com/ps4-skyrim-and-fallout-are-getting-mods-after-all-but-1787456947 you gotta read fine print

You mean the fine print already written in the OP ?

LivingMetal said:

You'll also be able to create your own mods with packed in assets, but external assets will not be allowed.

vivster said:
Ruler said:

you dont really know what happened, maybe they will now quality controll their mods on PS4 somewhat

Or maybe I'm right.

You probably arn't because it doesn't look like Sony caved as much as it seems Bethesda compromised.  No external assets allowed is probably an easy way for Bethesda to meet Sony's qualifications without them having to do much work themselves.

Good for those interested, I for one couldn't care less about mods in general.
I just wonder if the extra power of the Pro and the Scorpio later on will be able to be used for graphic mods.

vivster said:
Ruler said:

Or maybe I'm right.

I would highly doubt that since because Bethesda preached on how modding was so important with their games only to end up with a "limited" version of it.

SvennoJ said:

Those are bullshots surely? PC renders?
In only 5 years it went from looking like this on ps3 to that?!

Yikes, nostalgia has done wonders for this game in my head