By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Direct Feed Games: NX Is 3-4x The Wii U, Nvidia Pascal Tegra GPU

bunchanumbers said:
Sad if this is true. NX is going to be horribly weak and will be forgotten shortly after launch. I don't know how anyone can hope for such weak hardware.

Yeah if this thing is similar to Eurogamer rumors and weaker than XB1, you can consider this dead in the water sadly.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Sad if this is true. NX is going to be horribly weak and will be forgotten shortly after launch. I don't know how anyone can hope for such weak hardware.

Not you thinking that the NX will flop because of lack of power...it's all about the hybrid gimmick: if it appeals to the general public, it will succeed and if it doesn't, then it will flop, its success/floppage will have nothing to do with its power.

bunchanumbers said:

Do you not buy Nintendo handheld consoles?

Soundwave said:

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-34-times-stronger-wii-multiple-sources-confirm-nvidia-pascal-tegra-4k-upscaling-hdr-rumor/

3-4x in hardware power over Wii U, supports Unreal Engine 4 and all that jazz, and another source saying Nvidia Tegra. 

I'm guessing that would have to be in "home mode", 3-4x the Wii U in portable mode would be pretty crazy. 

I guess that's decent considering it's Nintendo and the hybrid nature? Could've been worse knowing Nintendo (like literally just Wii U level). 

If Nintendo do use the pascal tegra then it's possible that Nintendo will (or in the future) put a pascal Gpu in the dock for more power. It would essentially be half a PX2.

PwerlvlAmy said:
bunchanumbers said:

Yeah if this thing is similar to Eurogamer rumors and weaker than XB1, you can consider this dead in the water sadly.

Why though? Their exclusives will all run in 1080p60 on this. And since 3rd party will probably not give a shit about it again there is no need for more power.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
bunchanumbers said:

Don't forget the new and promising gameplay possibilities! 

bunchanumbers said:

PwerlvlAmy said:
bunchanumbers said:

You mean same like DS, Wii and 3DS were forgotten shortly after launch and dead in the water!?

So what if its weak hardware compared to XB1/PS4, rumours saying NX will be around 3x stronger than Wii U, and we all know Wii U have great looking games, power like this will be enough for Nintendo games running at 1080p 30/60fps. If you buying consoles for power you need to shift to PC, or wait for Xbox Scorpio at least.

Keybladewielder said:
bunchanumbers said:

Not you thinking that the NX will flop because of lack of power...it's all about the hybrid gimmick: if it appeals to the general public, it will succeed and if it doesn't, then it will flop, its success/floppage will have nothing to do with its power.

I think differently. Now NX will not only have to overcome its gimmick, it will also have to overcome its own weak hardware. 3rd parties don't care about the gimmick. They want to port their games with the least amount of effort possible in order to maximize profits. This does neither.

globalisateur said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Don't forget the new and promising gameplay possibilities! 

yes so much gameplay posibilities with only Nintendo supporting it again due to its lack of power. Hurray!! 

bunchanumbers said:
Keybladewielder said:

I think differently. Now NX will not only have to overcome its gimmick, it will also have to overcome its own weak hardware. 3rd parties don't care about the gimmick. They want to port their games with the least amount of effort possible in order to maximize profits. This does neither.

Exactly. This is the opposite of what devs would be interested in. This would assure that Nintendo would have the same third party support as Wii U or worse imo.