By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 17 sells 1,166,000 in the UK RETAIL ONLY!

konnichiwa said:

Hmm it is not like their were no changes last year you had the women teams and this year a story/campaign thing that is + 10 hours.

Women teams you say... Finally a chance for USA to have one of the best teams.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
topolino227 said:
So just because a yearly Game like Fifa is selling like 10s of Millions every year, some of you are mad that we yearly Fifabuyer dont invest that money in other Games that dont sell millions!?!? Naaah football is the most popular sport in the World and also the most popular sportsgame in the World and just because other Games/Genres arent that popular or sell millions we Fifabuyer are a shame for you!? Really??

Im buying Fifa every year since Fifa 14 and guess what im having a lot of fun with it just like a lot of friends and millions around the World. Another example, i love the F1-Series or One Piece Games, but just because they dont sell crazy Millions like Fifa or other Games i should be mad or angry!? some of you gotta be kiddin me!? It would be awesome if One Piece or F1 sell like Fifa, Cod etc. ! But no its just a Fact more people love/buy Fifa, Cod, BF and if thats the case, thats fine. At the end of the day no matter what Game i buy and how many sales it will have, as long as i or you enjoy it thats all what should matter.

But im gettin pissed when some People attack others just because they buy a Game (yearly) and have fun with it.
And btw Fifa is NOT the same Game every year, of course its always 11 vs 11, 2 Goals and the one with more Goals wins but thats the same for shooter, racing and everything. You have a Gun and shoot bullets out of it or you are on a track with a car and drive !!!
And EA did a lot of changes the last 2 years and i wouldnt want to play like the Fifa from a few years ago because its NOT the same and it improved a lot in my opinion.
The Journey, a lot of changes in Ultimate Team and also the Gameplay is different but you dont know that if you dont play it.

I had to get this opinion out, when i see such comments on twitter, youtube i dont care but now here, i needed to get this out and sorry if my English, Grammar sucks.

If you ask me, I'm not concerned with the number of sales it has every year. Though that is a sign of how many people accept this practice.
My issue with this is that the changes between each iteration are often much smaller than what you'd find in DLC expansions for other games. Take Super Street Fighter 4 for example. There were multiple game system changes, balance changes, new characters, stages, etc. And each time since Super they allowed you to update through DLC for a reduced price. Even the retail copies were sold for a reduced price of $30-$40. But since the FIFA/Madden/NHL/NBA fans keep buying these every year at full price, EA get away with this kind of practice.

Real football doesn't change much either and people still buy new season-tickets to watch it in the stadium or on TV with a TV subscription for a lot of money and for much more as they would ever pay for some TV shows where you get completely new ones every year.

Maybe some gamers just have to accept that many people on this planet love football (as game or in reality) and will pay hundreds or thousands of dollars every year for it and they don't think "ohh I could watch 500 different TV shows for the same money" because football still gives them something these TV shows or other games never could. 

I mean, when I will watch the next match in the stadium I will see pretty much the same as weeks ago. Some people running after a ball trying to shoot it in a goal. And I have to say I don't care if it will be almost the same the next 50 years, it's awesome every new week (even with corruption and stuff^^)

fifa sells very well every year
deal with it nerds

princevenom said:
deal with it nerds

dude... bro...

sethnintendo said:
konnichiwa said:

Hmm it is not like their were no changes last year you had the women teams and this year a story/campaign thing that is + 10 hours.

Women teams you say... Finally a chance for USA to have one of the best teams.

Yeah but not that many teams.  Last year it were only 12 teams and this year have 14 teams.  If I am right more leaques also joined like the Japanse leaque.

Around the Network
princevenom said:
deal with it nerds

LOL

Metroid33slayer said:

These sales are an embarassment and bring shame on the uk. It's depressing that my country has such an awful taste in games. Why are these people buying the same game every year albeit with some minor tweaks and the game is named after one of the most corrupt organisations in all of sport.

Because my team is doing really well this season :p though my last FIFA was the launch FIFA 14 on PS4.

That said, constant up to date team rosters and stats is just important to some people I guess.

Interesting observation on the hardware split. Quite a few retailers were sold out of the PS4 version this time around inc Amazon near the time of release. I got it on XB1 this time around to make it one less reason a PS4 Pro upgrade will nag me.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

That's insane! And some games which are much better than this only manage sell 1/5 lifetime of this number... :/

Tons of stupid people pay a fortune for a roster change.

- Moderated, Carl

princevenom said:
deal with it nerds

If being a nerd means staying clear of trash like FIFA and playing actual good games then sign me up to the nerd club.