By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 17 sells 1,166,000 in the UK RETAIL ONLY!

Slarvax said:
RenCutypoison said:
Is this Fifa getting bigger or just the industry as a whole ?
145% yoy on PS4 is impressive.

PS4 is selling better than PS2, Xbox One is selling better than X360. Technically, you can say the home console market is the biggest it has ever been, even when taking into account the Wii for the 7th gen. 

But even then, this is a surprise. I thought FIFA was declining annually...

Fifa was mostly declining because interest in the previous gen was declining, and a big portion of players hadn't updated to the current gen yet.

This might also be the world cup effect. Fifa 13 is one of the best selling game of the franchise.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Slarvax said:

PS4 is selling better than PS2, Xbox One is selling better than X360. Technically, you can say the home console market is the biggest it has ever been, even when taking into account the Wii for the 7th gen. 

But even then, this is a surprise. I thought FIFA was declining annually...

Fifa was mostly declining because interest in the previous gen was declining, and a big portion of players hadn't updated to the current gen yet.

This might also be the world cup effect. Fifa 13 is one of the best selling game of the franchise.

Yup. Combination of both = Best selling FIFA. Maybe even the PS4Pro will help it sell more.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Just want to say that ms official bundle sales don't count with that number they are all digital codes for the game so yeah the digital number will be pretty high for that game.

AmericanAli said:
So fifa sales are increasing in europe while madden is declining in the US, interesting. Anyone has an idea of why that is? I also suspect that this years call of duty will sell more in EU than US.

Because fifa is also selling more in US. To lazy to put the numbers here but fifa 16 on PS4/xone sold around 20% more than Fifa 15 did.

Metroid33slayer said:

These sales are an embarassment and bring shame on the uk. It's depressing that my country has such an awful taste in games. Why are these people buying the same game every year albeit with some minor tweaks and the game is named after one of the most corrupt organisations in all of sport.

It's not like there is an alternative. From a gamer's perspective it's still better to support EA and one of the most corrupted companies in the world than buy PES. Because Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

So just because a yearly Game like Fifa is selling like 10s of Millions every year, some of you are mad that we yearly Fifabuyer dont invest that money in other Games that dont sell millions!?!? Naaah football is the most popular sport in the World and also the most popular sportsgame in the World and just because other Games/Genres arent that popular or sell millions we Fifabuyer are a shame for you!? Really??

Im buying Fifa every year since Fifa 14 and guess what im having a lot of fun with it just like a lot of friends and millions around the World. Another example, i love the F1-Series or One Piece Games, but just because they dont sell crazy Millions like Fifa or other Games i should be mad or angry!? some of you gotta be kiddin me!? It would be awesome if One Piece or F1 sell like Fifa, Cod etc. ! But no its just a Fact more people love/buy Fifa, Cod, BF and if thats the case, thats fine. At the end of the day no matter what Game i buy and how many sales it will have, as long as i or you enjoy it thats all what should matter.

But im gettin pissed when some People attack others just because they buy a Game (yearly) and have fun with it.
And btw Fifa is NOT the same Game every year, of course its always 11 vs 11, 2 Goals and the one with more Goals wins but thats the same for shooter, racing and everything. You have a Gun and shoot bullets out of it or you are on a track with a car and drive !!!
And EA did a lot of changes the last 2 years and i wouldnt want to play like the Fifa from a few years ago because its NOT the same and it improved a lot in my opinion.
The Journey, a lot of changes in Ultimate Team and also the Gameplay is different but you dont know that if you dont play it.

I had to get this opinion out, when i see such comments on twitter, youtube i dont care but now here, i needed to get this out and sorry if my English, Grammar sucks.

The amount of $ tied into this sport called football is insane.

JRPGfan said:
The amount of £ tied into this sport called football is insane.

i fixed it for you

Plus EA get all that Ultimate team money as well.they make serious bank from Fifa .

Still i cant complain , ive bought it every year since Fifa overtook PES in '09.

Ive sunk thousands if hours in fifa over the years , but ive never bought coins.Ever.

Hiku said:

If you ask me, I'm not concerned with the number of sales it has every year. Though that is a sign of how many people accept this practice.
My issue with this is that the changes between each iteration are often much smaller than what you'd find in DLC expansions for other games. Take Super Street Fighter 4 for example. There were multiple game system updates, balance changes, new characters, etc. And each time suince Super they allowed you to update through DLC for a reduced price. But since the FIFA/Madden/NHL/NBA fans keep buying these every year at full price, EA get away with this kind of practice.

Yes i can see you your point there that in other Games, some gaps seem bigger, but the last 2 years for me they did a lot of cool changes, Gameplaywise and new features. For Example i love Ultimate team and last year they added FUT Draft which was amazing especially for streamer and as a viewer, that was sick and this year they added another 2 big new features which are amazing in my opinion and make Ultimate Team even bigger and better for me. 

And then this year we get like a around 16 hour campaign for the first time which is also huge and a big improvement and the new engine. So Fifa 17 is a big jump in my opinion and yes its never really a big jump or it doesnt look like it, but its making the game which already is a lot of fun even better. So i dont really want more or bigger changes that would make the game worse than better actually. At least thas how i feel about Fifa, other Fifafans may not see it this way. 

Yes it works for EA, but its also Sportsgames and they are in a different category than other Genres. I would say only People who love the certain sport in real life will buy the game and people who dont like it will propably never buy it. But thats not the case for other Genres, so Sport Games are in a special category in my opinion.

Hmm it is not like their were no changes last year you had the women teams and this year a story/campaign thing that is + 10 hours.