By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 17 sells 1,166,000 in the UK RETAIL ONLY!

FIFA 17 (100%) - 1,166,000

54% on ps4 which I think is excellent because Microsoft has the official bundle and advertising for the last few years. 

So 1,166,000 sold and you can add anywhere from 10-20% on that for digital.  Actually maybe higher because wouldn't nearly all the pc sales be digital? 

Around the Network

These sales are an embarassment and bring shame on the uk. It's depressing that my country has such an awful taste in games. Why are these people buying the same game every year albeit with some minor tweaks and the game is named after one of the most corrupt organisations in all of sport.

- Moderated, Carl

I wonder how many Indie teams would be saved if the people who buy Fifa bought Indie games

So fifa sales are increasing in europe while madden is declining in the US, interesting. Anyone has an idea of why that is? I also suspect that this years call of duty will sell more in EU than US.

Is this Fifa getting bigger or just the industry as a whole ?
145% yoy on PS4 is impressive.

Around the Network

Lol, Uncharted and Halo had over 200k in the launch, but Fifa has 1.2 Millions

RenCutypoison said:
Is this Fifa getting bigger or just the industry as a whole ?
145% yoy on PS4 is impressive.

PS4 is selling better than PS2, Xbox One is selling better than X360. Technically, you can say the home console market is the biggest it has ever been, even when taking into account the Wii for the 7th gen. 

But even then, this is a surprise. I thought FIFA was declining annually...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Metroid33slayer said:

These sales are an embarassment and bring shame on the uk. It's depressing that my country has such an awful taste in games. Why are these people buying the same game every year albeit with some minor tweaks and the game is named after one of the most corrupt organisations in all of sport.

Yeah this is very true.

But this year there's a completely new engine and actual campaign mode. Pretty much the only time it's worth going from 1 year and buying the next.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Slarvax said:

PS4 is selling better than PS2, Xbox One is selling better than X360. Technically, you can say the home console market is the biggest it has ever been, even when taking into account the Wii for the 7th gen. 

But even then, this is a surprise. I thought FIFA was declining annually...

Actually, now that I think about it, it makes some sense. This year was the biggest year in football since I dont know how long. We had the usual intercontinental tournaments (UEFA, Concacaf, etc), and we also had one of the annual international tournaments (in this case, Eurocup). But in addition to that, we had an extra international tournament for the Americas (Copa Bicentenario).

What a silly game is football.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

September is always a sad time to be a gamer.