By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
Ganoncrotch said:
pokoko said:
Smackdown is so much better than RAW and it's a lot deeper than just RAW lasting an eternity.

I wonder is it that the extra hour of Raw just makes it harder to properly compact it down into an enjoyable story, if you have basically 20 minutes of "Story" for your weekly wrestling show, dragging it out to 2 hours is fine with matches and comedy here and there, but at 3 hours I've almost always found myself just losing interest by the main event of Raw which is the part which should be most exciting but I'm just so bored by then it's lost on me I find.

There is no doubt that has an impact.  I just can't watch three hours of RAW.  However, RAW feels a lot more muddled than Smackdown.  I couldn't tell you what half the feuds are and the interaction with "management" is much inferior to what is happening on Smackdown.  They're just doing a better job at bringing out the character of each performer.  

Becky Lynch, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, the Miz, and Baron Corbin are doing excellent in that regard, while Shane and D-Bry are crushing Steph and Mick Foley.  Reigns and Rollins feel much weaker as characters and, as much as I like both Owens and Jericho, they've turned too much into a comedy act for my tastes.  I miss the vicious Owens who was wrecking people who got in his way without being a cowardly heel.  NXT/US Title Kevin Owens was fantastic.  

Around the Network

This is why Adam Cole is one of my favorite wrestlers and one of the best natural heels in the world.

I also think this kind of intensity from wrestlers talking to the camera is badly missing from the WWE today.

I'll never understand why WWE stopped letting wrestlers use promos. They can do wonders for the cruiser weight division. LIke I understand WWE probably has USA network down their throats with scripts and stuff, but script them if you have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8XwOPdTlk

Way to bury Tye Zillinger HHH

Do you think that WWE would be better off airing RAW and SmackDown exclusively on the Network in that regard?

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Do you think that WWE would be better off airing RAW and SmackDown exclusively on the Network in that regard?

I think they are locked into a contract with USA. Besides rights to air Smackdown and Raw is crazy expensive. I think I heard that TV rights for WWE costs tons of cash. I don't think that locking up both shows on the network would be beneficial.

bunchanumbers said:
PAOerfulone said:

I think they are locked into a contract with USA. Besides rights to air Smackdown and Raw is crazy expensive. I think I heard that TV rights for WWE costs tons of cash. I don't think that locking up both shows on the network would be beneficial.

I do wish they were at least on the network though. Even if it was a more expensive tier, would mean I could watch them without having to pirate them

ktay95 said:
bunchanumbers said:

I do wish they were at least on the network though. Even if it was a more expensive tier, would mean I could watch them without having to pirate them

Doesn't WWE release the repeats the day after?  It was a selling point back when they created the network.

darkknightkryta said:
ktay95 said:

Doesn't WWE release the repeats the day after?  It was a selling point back when they created the network.

Nope, they're a whole month late

ktay95 said:
darkknightkryta said:

Nope, they're a whole month late

O_O