By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

Now, WWE.
Will Sasha actually KEEP the title this time?

Edit: NAITCH!!!!

Around the Network

RAW was great this week!

Is it just me?
Or have we been seeing an awful lot of CM Punk clips on WWE's Facebook page?

Great week overall from WWE this week.

That Bar Fight with Cesaro and Sheamus was awesome!

I hate to say it but I cheered when AJ Styles hit Ellsworth with the Styles Clash off the stairs. I'm tired of him having to do this midcard comedy routine. But who else is he going to wrestle after Ambrose? I'm kinda hoping for Undertaker.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
bunchanumbers said:
I hate to say it but I cheered when AJ Styles hit Ellsworth with the Styles Clash off the stairs. I'm tired of him having to do this midcard comedy routine. But who else is he going to wrestle after Ambrose? I'm kinda hoping for Undertaker.

Rumors point to Taker being the next contender for Royal Rumble.

I wonder who Ambrose will face next though.

I would be disappointed if Taker is in the rumble. He needs a premier place to wrestle. Is there any word on possible surprise entrants to the rumble? I remember Styles was rumored last year and he showed up. I'd like to see the Hardys make a comeback at the rumble.

BasilZero said:
bunchanumbers said:

I would be disappointed if Taker is in the rumble. He needs a premier place to wrestle. Is there any word on possible surprise entrants to the rumble? I remember Styles was rumored last year and he showed up. I'd like to see the Hardys make a comeback at the rumble.

No, I mean not in the actual rumble but as a match at the Royal Rumble against Styles xD.

Oh! I love that. I'm all aboard that train. I'm kinda hoping for Taker to win just for the title run. Its been a while. AJ is a excellent champion though so I'd be happy with either one. I never was a fan of Ambrose though.

I'm on board with that ACCEPT, the part about the title. 
Taker vs. Cena doesn't need the title. "John Cena vs The Undertaker" sells itself, and have it be a retirement match where the loser retires from wrestling and you've got yourself a HUGE Main Event that gets Large Mainstream attention. 

What I think should happen is have Cena vs. Styles for the title at the Rumble, then just as Cena's about to win, Taker's music hits and he costs Cena the match and title. Then they could do Taker vs. Styles vs. Cena for the title in a Triple Threat at Elimination Chamber where Styles win, that way A.J. gets a HUGE rub from going over Cena, FIVE times, AND Taker. Meanwhile, whoever wins the Chamber match will be the number one contender to challge A.J. for the WWE Title at WrestleMania, (I'd have Jericho, Sami Zayn, or Cesaro win the Royal Rumble and challenge Kevin Owens and a returning Finn Balor for the Universal Title at WrestleMania)

PAOerfulone said:

I'm on board with that ACCEPT, the part about the title. 
Taker vs. Cena doesn't need the title. "John Cena vs The Undertaker" sells itself, and have it be a retirement match where the loser retires from wrestling and you've got yourself a HUGE Main Event that gets Large Mainstream attention. 

What I think should happen is have Cena vs. Styles for the title at the Rumble, then just as Cena's about to win, Taker's music hits and he costs Cena the match and title. Then they could do Taker vs. Styles vs. Cena for the title in a Triple Threat at Elimination Chamber where Styles win, that way A.J. gets a HUGE rub from going over Cena, FIVE times, AND Taker. Meanwhile, whoever wins the Chamber match will be the number one contender to challge A.J. for the WWE Title at WrestleMania, (I'd have Jericho, Sami Zayn, or Cesaro win the Royal Rumble and challenge Kevin Owens and a returning Finn Balor for the Universal Title at WrestleMania)

But that would kill the Goldberg/Lesnar storyline. Although you might be right. I could see Goldberg eliminating Lesnar and Lesnar interferes when its down to Goldberg and someone else. That would push the Goldberg/Lesnar feud to the Mania. Either way I see the winner of the Rumble challenging for the Raw title. The Smackdown storylines are writing themselves at this point and they are doing a great job of it.

Goldberg and Lesnar will be fine, I mean it's Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, just like John Cena vs. The Undertaker, Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar sells itself. 
What I'd do with Brock and Bill is I'd have them start as entrants 1 & 2 and just have them go at it for the first  7-9 minutes, elimating the Poor Unfortunate Souls who happen to draw numbers 3,4,5, and 6. 

Also, NXT TakeOver: San Antonio is one day before the Rumble, and we're more than likely going to get Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe for the NXT Title. What I'd do, is have Nakamura regain the title at the NXT show this December in Osaka, Japan, and have the 3rd and final rematch at TakeOver with Nakamura retaining. Then Samoa Joe makes his main roster debut the very next night at #7, and at this point, Lesnar and Goldberg will have worn each other down to the point, they're tired, breathing heavily, maybe a drop or two of blood here, and Joe just picks them apart piece by piece, so Goldberg and Lesnar, temporarily put their differences aside to take on Joe (and putting him over MASSIVELY in the process), at this point, the ring starts to fill up with 6-7-8-9-10 superstars at once, per the traditional Royal Rumble booking.

And at some point during that, Goldberg and Brock eliminate each other and but they don't give a damn, they just keep beating the piss out of each other all the way to the back with referees, security, WWE agents, etc. trying desperately to break them up, planting more seeds for their 3rd clash at WrestleMania.