By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

And now Vince wants to address the allegations on Smackdown as Mr. McMahon. That is the most Vince McMahonies thing that has ever Vince McMahoned XD.

Around the Network

Vince didn't say much. Mediocre episode of Smackdown with a good main event. Not looking forward to more Lesnar Reigns :(. Women ain't getting much time.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 17 June 2022

BasilZero said:

There was a lot of symbolism in the opening.

He quoting the WWE motto means he's talking about himself, "Then Now Forever TOGETHER".

Also showcasing that he still has a lot of popularity despite what is going on. Not surprising, the average fan wouldnt even know what is going or they dont care about scandals.

I'm not together with him on this one. I didn't do nothing. Vinnie Mac isn't dragging me into his sordid deeds.

BasilZero said:

So we're getting another Lesnar VS Reigns match....man , come on!

I think that the original idea was probably either to have Orton face Reigns at MITB, or not have Reigns defend at all, and have Cody winning the briefcase be the big moment at the end to send the fans home happy. With the injuries, there wasn't an obvious opponent for Reigns that could be built up in that time without taking away too much star power from the MITB match itself.

I'm not saying I'm really looking forward to the match, because I'm not, but I get the decision. At least it will be a last man standing which changes things up a bit. 

WWE should just fire the whole roster and have Becky Lynch vs Asuka for every match. All you really need.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

So Rollins wins MITB

Pretty sure its a given at this point.

So either one of these scenarios will happen

1. Rollins wins MITB and loses it to Cody Rhodes sometime during Royal Rumble time only for Rhodes to cash it on the champion to main event or take place in the main event in some way at WM

2. Rollins wins MITB and cashes it in to win a championship , Rhodes wins the Rumble and challenges Rollins to WM for main event.

3. WWE fucks it up and does something no one wants or expects

If the plan is for Cody to be champion they should just have him win it from Reigns. Winning it from Rollins wouldn't mean nearly as much especially since he already beat him three times, once with one arm. They could find a way to get Cody into a championship match easily enough without the briefcase. So, I still feel it's kind of open who will win it.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

If the plan is for Cody to be champion they should just have him win it from Reigns. Winning it from Rollins wouldn't mean nearly as much especially since he already beat him three times, once with one arm. They could find a way to get Cody into a championship match easily enough without the briefcase. So, I still feel it's kind of open who will win it.

Or they pull a previous WM like finish

Rollins VS Reigns fight

Cody Rhodes (who won the MITB from Rollins few months later) cashes in

Or they can do another Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson thing with Batista/Triple H.

Just hope it comes as a surprise or at least more original lol

At this point Cody is such a hero that they don't need to need to do anything wacky. Just book the match and have Cody win with his finisher. No need to overthink things.

Christian Cage's promo on Jungle boy is so crazy over the top supervillain that it's ridiculous and I fucking love it.

Edit: Although that was a strange way to end the segment.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Christian Cage's promo on Jungle boy is so crazy over the top supervillain that it's ridiculous and I fucking love it.

Edit: Although that was a strange way to end the segment.

Gotta find a video of it lol

Dammit, wish AEW would end up in HBO Max.

Told Jungle Boy it was a good thing his dad was dead cause he'd be ashamed of him. Zero chill. And all because he eliminated him in a battle royal. Stupid as hell in the best kind of way.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 23 June 2022

BasilZero said:

So Rollins wins MITB

Pretty sure its a given at this point.

So either one of these scenarios will happen

1. Rollins wins MITB and loses it to Cody Rhodes sometime during Royal Rumble time only for Rhodes to cash it on the champion to main event or take place in the main event in some way at WM

2. Rollins wins MITB and cashes it in to win a championship , Rhodes wins the Rumble and challenges Rollins to WM for main event.

3. WWE fucks it up and does something no one wants or expects

Ohey, it's rules 1-4 of the WWE writers' room playbook! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android