By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

New 3ds lime at 37 under ps4 pro, with an upwards trending...
Switch not affecting 3ds sales at all?

Around the Network

The month is winding down! I wonder how things will play out! While this has been an interesting month(especially with the way the amazon charts don't seem to bet racking gears) I am far more excited about Nov and Dec!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Swordmasterman said:
3sexty said:

From what I recall the revenue was down (5%) on the back of slighly less consoles sold but offset to an extent due due to an increase in xbox live subscriptions (Xbox Live monthly active users grew 21% to 47 million). Not a terrible result by any standards.  Remember, this is not MS' bread and butter and is more than sustained or offset by incredible revenue and profits elsewhere in its business.  MS remain committed to gaming as part of its broader strategy hence the attactive deals thay are prepared to offer. Simply they can afford it.  Growth appears to be the plan here..

To be fair, Microsoft dosn't has a good profit % when compared to the others software/hardware giants(Apple, Google)

But it does compared to Sony as a whole and in the event that there is an eventual downturn in the console market, it would be in a better and more sustained position to fund what I consider a peripheral business.  Regarding the drop in xbox live subs - I take your point about the drop from Quarter to Quarter. However year on year the increase looks more favourable in my opinion.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How did the gaming division do?

From what I recall the revenue was down (5%) on the back of slighly less consoles sold but offset to an extent due due to an increase in xbox live subscriptions (Xbox Live monthly active users grew 21% to 47 million). Not a terrible result by any standards.  Remember, this is not MS' bread and butter and is more than sustained or offset by incredible revenue and profits elsewhere in its business.  MS remain committed to gaming as part of its broader strategy hence the attactive deals thay are prepared to offer. Simply they can afford it.  Growth appears to be the plan here..

Is this the rainbows and flowers take on the financial report? Call me stupid but selling less consoles on the back of crazy fire sales and the launch of a new revision isn't great news. Subs have also gone down 2M since last report.

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#23 PS4 Pro (down 1)*
#37 N3DSXL Lime (same)
#41 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 8)
#65 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 3)
#69 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 5)
#86 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 7)
#88 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 6)
#96 PSVR Headset (down 19)
#100 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 4)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
3sexty said:

Is this the rainbows and flowers take on the financial report? Call me stupid but selling less consoles on the back of crazy fire sales and the launch of a new revision isn't great news. Subs have also gone down 2M since last report.

Theirrevenue went down. They didn't really specify on sales. For all we know there could have been for xboxes sold but because of the crazy deals like the $250 in July they made less money.

jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Theirrevenue went down. They didn't really specify on sales. For all we know there could have been for xboxes sold but because of the crazy deals like the $250 in July they made less money.

Actually they did. Hardware revenue down due to pricing and lower console sales.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Actually they did. Hardware revenue down due to pricing and lower console sales.

Oh ok. That's odd i would have expected sales to be up due to the slim.

The 1tb and 2tb Xbox One S.....are 350/400....same price and 50 dollars more. They made up a huge part of the One S sales countering the 300 version. So either people are still buying the Xbox One OG more than the One S....I'd say overall WW their console sales are down somewhat.

Preston Scott

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#22 PS4 Pro (up 1)*
#38 N3DSXL Lime (down 1)
#41 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#61 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 4)
#68 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#82 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 4)
#91 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 3)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists.