By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#22 PS4 Pro (same)*
#37 N3DSXL Lime (up 1)
#38 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 3)
#61 PS4 UC4 Bundle (same)
#70 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#73 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 9)
#95 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 4)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Actually they did. Hardware revenue down due to pricing and lower console sales.

I wonder how much of this was on the Xbox One's end, and how much was due to the 360 being discontinued after several years of cratering sales.

Revenue being own only 5% despite the reduction by 11.1-14.3% on Xbox One price, depending on which bundle you choose, suggests that the reduction in units sold is due to Xbox 360.

To be honest, I thought that the revenue increase  due to  the increase in Xbox One units will offset the the reduction because of the price cut. 

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/27/trio-of-action-packed-new-playstation-4-bundles-hit-shelves-this-november/?emcid=social_20161027_67282826&adbid=791610944489086976&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

That, without doubt, represents a fearful company. It would be bad enough if it was an OG PS4 bundle but this is their latest PS4 slim. If that's what it takes for Sony to stand a chance of 'winning' a month then it's game over for them as far as this gen goes. It's a completely unsustainable strategy and can only lead to a crash in the near future. As I said before though, let's hope it doesn't drag Nintendo down with it. Sony are currently helping with devaluing the console market.

Hopefully the Switch can replace the value Sony are helping to suck out of this industry with these ludicrous deals.

:)

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Your joke doesn't really work because Sony hardly has those types of deals/bundles. MS does those every chance they get.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

PS4 pro jumped to number 86 in the yearly Amazon best sellers charts, two weeks before release. It already bypassed the Xbox S bundle which dropped to number 90. PS4 Pro will put amazing numbers in November...

Around the Network

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#22 PS4 Pro (same)*
#36 N3DSXL Lime (up 1)
#38 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#62 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 1)
#70 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#75 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 2)
#99 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 4)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Sony just announced another 3 bundles for Europe
Bundle #1: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Driveclub + The Last of Us Remastered
Bundle #2: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Driveclub + Ratchet & Clank
Bundle #3: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition + No Man’s Sky
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/27/trio-of-action-packed-new-playstation-4-bundles-hit-shelves-this-november/

poklane said:
Sony just announced another 3 bundles for Europe
Bundle #1: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Driveclub + The Last of Us Remastered
Bundle #2: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Driveclub + Ratchet & Clank
Bundle #3: 1TB PS4 Slim + Uncharted 4 + Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition + No Man’s Sky
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/27/trio-of-action-packed-new-playstation-4-bundles-hit-shelves-this-november/

I'm happy to see Sony include NMS in one of those bundles. It's difficult to say whether these deals are going to be replicated for the US market.

The PS5 Exists. 

Welfare said:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/27/trio-of-action-packed-new-playstation-4-bundles-hit-shelves-this-november/?emcid=social_20161027_67282826&adbid=791610944489086976&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

That, without doubt, represents a fearful company. It would be bad enough if it was an OG PS4 bundle but this is their latest PS4 slim. If that's what it takes for Sony to stand a chance of 'winning' a month then it's game over for them as far as this gen goes. It's a completely unsustainable strategy and can only lead to a crash in the near future. As I said before though, let's hope it doesn't drag Nintendo down with it. Sony are currently helping with devaluing the console market.

Hopefully the Switch can replace the value Sony are helping to suck out of this industry with these ludicrous deals.

:)

ha, gotta say this made me chuckle..

Praise the One.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Shadow1980 said:

I wonder how much of this was on the Xbox One's end, and how much was due to the 360 being discontinued after several years of cratering sales.

Revenue being own only 5% despite the reduction by 11.1-14.3% on Xbox One price, depending on which bundle you choose, suggests that the reduction in units sold is due to Xbox 360.

To be honest, I thought that the revenue increase  due to  the increase in Xbox One units will offset the the reduction because of the price cut. 

The 5% reduction refers to the total gaming revenue, which includes software, services, and hardware revenue. In Marketwatch's breakdown, the hardware revenue decreased by 26%. It's hard to say if the reduction in units sold is solely on the 360's discontinuation.