By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

You can't stop Fool's Edition.

Around the Network

The definition of domination changed a lot in just two years.

No console being able to hold the top 20 or 30s is quite woriesome, specially after a new model and price cut.

IIRC PS4 had been down YoY since June. The saturayion point was reached early, and the wait for the Pro and Scorpio are affecting sales.

I don't know if the Pro will provide that much ssteam for this Holliday season.

Dark_Feanor said:

No console being able to hold the top 20 or 30s is quite woriesome, specially after a new model and price cut.

IIRC PS4 had been down YoY since June. The saturayion point was reached early, and the wait for the Pro and Scorpio are affecting sales.

Black Friday is just around that corner and there is a lot of software in the top of the charts, which usually isn't the case. 

Dark_Feanor said:

I agree that PS4 Pro are most certainly affecting sales of PS4 Slim.

But personally I expect PS4 Pro (coupled with PS4 Slim COD bundle and PSVR launch) to provide a lot of steam this holiday. I'm not saying those that disagree are wrong. I'm just personally expecting really healthy sales of PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim holiday bundles.

For Pokemon Comparison any1 want to do a yearly head to head (for the yearly charts duh) so xy in 2013 and oras in 2014?

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

I agree that domination is not the correct word to describe the current situation. It's more of the XB1 doing really poorly on the hourly charts over the past week. The fact that the highest XB1 SKU is behind four PS4 SKUs even though the Pro is cannabalizing sales is more worrisome, honestly, especially when The Coalition has done a better job taking care of the Gears franchise than 343i with the Halo series.

The Gears bundle's preorders weren't particularly impressive either. It failed to get into the Top 100 in August and September. The Halo 5 LE bundle ranked #25 in August and finished #24 in October. The Gears bundle is currently #36 on the monthly charts and with the way it's selling now, it will not finish even close to #24.

It's not much of the PS4 hitting saturation point as consumers waiting for the holiday season bundles and deals to come out. Last October's hardware sales were not particularly high either, but the PS4's sales exploded in November and December. Frankly, the XB1 is likely closer to its saturation point because unlike the Pro, the Scorpio is a year away and we know nothing about its specifics. Consequently, the Pro is affecting PS4 sales more than the Scorpio.

The Pro's preorders appear to be good. It ranked #5 in September only behind PSN cards. As of now, it's only 2 places behind the Gears LE bundle for October though I expect the Pro to jump ahead because the Gears bundle dropped significantly on the hourly charts. I do agree that we need to wait and see when it finally launches. However, it is safe to say that preorders are generally healthy.

If the fool's edition PS4 is doing the best and then the UC4 PS4 is the next biggest seller, then console sales on Amazon right now are doing pretty terribly, and it looks like all the big sellers are not even in stock. Software being pushed up also explains why not many consoles are in the top 100 but the 2 worst selling PS4 SKU's leading the pack means that consoles are not being bought on Amazon,

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

It is too early to doom the consoles. We still have the Pro's launch and we don't have the holidays sales numbers. Both consoles will sell some millions in the holidays.

Well, I guess we're back to console gaming is dad posts for a while.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#32 PS4 Pro (up 3)*
#44 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#64 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 4)
#68 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 13)
#69 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 8)
#75 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 6)
 #82 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (up 17)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 1)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#13 PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (up 1)
#42 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (same)
#47 PSVR Rush Of Blood (up 10)
#79 PSVR Driveclub (up 13)
#83 PSVR Eve Valkrie (down 3)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists.