By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

RJ_Sizzle said:
Well, I guess we're back to console gaming is dad posts for a while.

It is due to the number of softwares releasing in the next fews weeks,months. And due to  people waiting for the holidays.

They will release the NPD in the next 2 days. I hope that Aqua will be able to release some numbers.

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#33 PS4 Pro (down 1)*
#46 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#62 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 2)
#68 N3DSXL Galaxy (same)
#72 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 3)
#74 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 5)
#81 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (up 1)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#14 PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (down 1)
#41 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 1)
#44 PSVR Rush Of Blood (up 3)
#76 PSVR Driveclub (up 3)
#84 PSVR Eve Valkrie (down 1)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

Don't just look at the positions the consoles are in the charts -- that could lead to some silly proclamations of 'consoles dying' -- look at the popular software that's pushing those consoles down the charts. Also take into consideration the fact there are more consoles sold every month. That means more and more software is sold, making it even harder for the consoles to push up the charts through them. Use logic, not bias.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't know if my post getting lumped in with "consoles are doomed" but I'm pointing out that right now on Amazon, people are more concerned with buying software than hardware.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
I don't know if my post getting lumped in with "consoles are doomed" but I'm pointing out that right now on Amazon, people are more concerned with buying software than hardware.

But that doesn't mean consoles are getting less popular. There are many things to take into consideration at the moment and it's not wise to make ANY 'certain' predictions, short term or long. As the console user base grows bigger, more people buy software, and at the moment there are many compelling and seasonal sellers topping the charts. This makes it harder for consoles to rise up the charts. If it wasn't for that I reckon we could add at least 10 - 12 places onto all of those consoles (maybe more). On top of that you have people playing the waiting game, something that hasn't happened before because we've never had a mid generation like this.

We usually see this as a generation ends and a new one begins. The Pro is sucking sales away from the PS4slim and the OGPS4 is still the most popular (and currently cheaper) console for anyone not interested in the Pro and strapped for cash. Another thing to take into consideration is what would normally be customers who buy a second console. I don't think PSVR will push many PS4s but it 'could' be responsible for the drop in XB1s because they may be saving that money in the hope of picking up a PSVR instead. That last part is what I would consider a stretch but worth banking for now.

The PS5 Exists. 

October is a slow month, as usual.

Around the Network
iNathan said:
October is a slow month, as usual.

But a fascinating one!

The PS5 Exists. 

I am not saying consoles are less popular. Right now software is being bought more than consoles than earlier in the year.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
I am not saying consoles are less popular. Right now software is being bought more than consoles than earlier in the year.

But you said this:

If the fool's edition PS4 is doing the best and then the UC4 PS4 is the next biggest seller, then console sales on Amazon right now are doing pretty terribly

That very much sounds like you're saying console are less popular, no? Sorry if I'm misinterpreting that.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Welfare said:

But you said this:

If the fool's edition PS4 is doing the best and then the UC4 PS4 is the next biggest seller, then console sales on Amazon right now are doing pretty terribly

That very much sounds like you're saying console are less popular, no? Sorry if I'm misinterpreting that.

Right now, the only conclusion is that consoles are not being bought because of consumers buying software and or they can't be bought thanks to low stock. UC4 bundle and fool's edition are not going to suddendly do normal sku numbers, and they are not high in the rankings to do that.

This looks to be an Amazon only problem though.

Ps4 doing great.

Ps4 pro leading the monthly now. The hype is real!