By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Welfare said:

Right now, the only conclusion is that consoles are not being bought because of consumers buying software and or they can't be bought thanks to low stock. UC4 bundle and fool's edition are not going to suddendly do normal sku numbers, and they are not high in the rankings to do that.

This looks to be an Amazon only problem though.

We're not going to entirely agree on this but I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong. Only time will tell and that time isn't just this month. Any sales taken from this month because of the Pro will of course be added to next month, so even if this month is lower than expected we'll have to see if next month is higher than expected. We'll see.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#35 PS4 Pro (down 2)*
#44 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#58 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 4)
#66 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 6)
#72 N3DSXL Galaxy (down 4)
#75 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 1)
#86 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 5)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#18 PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (down 4)
#46 PSVR Rush Of Blood (down 2)
#48 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 7)
#88 PSVR Eve Valkrie (down 4)
#90 PSVR Driveclub (down 14)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Don't just look at the positions the consoles are in the charts -- that could lead to some silly proclamations of 'consoles dying' -- look at the popular software that's pushing those consoles down the charts. Also take into consideration the fact there are more consoles sold every month. That means more and more software is sold, making it even harder for the consoles to push up the charts through them. Use logic, not bias.

You see, it's just easier for some to stretch so they can conclude all consoles are doomed, as opposed to just seeing one looks to be underperforming in a month some thought it would take with relative ease.

thismeintiel said:

You see, it's just easier for some to stretch so they can conclude all consoles are doomed, as opposed to just seeing one looks to be underperforming in a month some thought it would take with relative ease.

That's the top and bottom of it, yeah. It's not for all though, Barney and Jason may make bad calls occasionally (just like me) but they're decent people.

The PS5 Exists. 

Also, what a horrible performance by the BF1 bundle. It's only 10 days til it releases and it's still hovering outside the Top 100. At least it jumped from #250+ a few days back to #118, as of now. I don't know why some were saying this would sell high numbers for the XBO, even though it hasn't been in the Top 100 for weeks.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Also, what a horrible performance by the BF1 bundle. It's only 10 days til it releases and it's still hovering outside the Top 100. At least it jumped from #250+ a few days back to #118, as of now. I don't know why some were saying this would sell high numbers for the XBO, even though it hasn't been in the Top 100 for weeks.

I've got to be honest and say that's caught me by surprise too. It's definitely going to make an appearance as we get closer to the release of the game and advertising for the bundle starts but I expected it at least get into the top 100 before then. I really don't think the possible surge in its sales is going to offset the incredible dominance of the PS4 right now, given that dominance persists of course.

The PS5 Exists. 

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#33 PS4 Pro (up 2)*
#44 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#62 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 4)
#66 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#72 N3DSXL Galaxy (same)
#73 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 2)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#53 PSVR Rush Of Blood (down 7)
#54 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 6)
#91 PSVR Driveclub (down 1)
#93 PSVR Eve Valkrie (down 5)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Imagine if one day Fool's Edition is above.

never heard of rush of blood vr. ill have to youtube it now

craighopkins said:
never heard of rush of blood vr. ill have to youtube it now

It's the Until Dawn VR game.