By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer suggests Scorpio will cost not more than $600 USD

MoHasanie said:
I expect it to cost $449.

449$ for Xbox Scorpio 1TB model.

499$ for Xbox Scorpio 2TB model.

No cheaper models made. Releases near end of 2017.

After PS4pro came out cheaper I expected, this is what I believe Scorpio will come out as (also cheaper than my first estimates).

Around the Network
Peh said:
CosmicSex said:

Wrong.  People are not bound by your logic.  They don't have to get a Slim because they don't want to pay for Scorpio.   People are free to do whatever the hell they want.  Sound reasonable.

Eh, if they want to play xbox games and don't bother with visuals, they will go for the cheaper model. Enthusiasts however are willing to pay more for their hobby if the upgrade is worth it. 

Your argument just doesn't follow. Maybe it's because you have none.

Also, it's not just my logic, it's common sense. Better hardware and better graphics equals a higher price.

Your argument precludes the that Xbox is the only option.  Like, if Microsoft's Scorpio is too expensive a gamers only option is Xbox One?

nanzano said:
Trunkin said:

If $250 is mass market, $400 is premium. Let's be honest, they're throwing around these vague statements because they're still not sure exactly what price point they're going to be able to hit, but I think $399, is a safe bet, especially considering the price of the Pro right now. $499 for the base model would be suicide, as the console as they've announced it doesn't offer enough over the Pro (or even the XB1S) to justify that cost.

I don't recall back in 2013 ps4 price considered as premium with PS360 being under $199, but the xbo1 was. PS4 Pro is cheap because they avoided a new CPU option which would  have put it to $499. Consoles get cheaper when the production cost of the SAME chipset goes down. Completly new chipset allways means higher price at lauch. Sony can affort that ps4Pro price because only the ps4 pro gpu is different(but same architecture) and they have the market lead so they prety much have the garranty that they will sell shit tons of ps4 pro since it is a ps4.  Scorpio has a seperate CPU and GPU so the manufacturing process will be more expensive. So If M$ sells the Scorpio at 399 it will be at lost even in 2017, I know they have money in the bank but I don't think they can simply through it away at will, 399 is too risky for a doubtfull market where all exclusive has been moved to PC 

Scorpio components will most likely be practically off-the-shelf, even moreso than the original XB1, so I don't think changing them is going to be all that much of a problem, cost wise. Might even be cheaper. The CPU will most likely still be a low end piece of hardware, just not quite as low end as the PS4Pro's. GPU is probably an Overclocked RX480, which, iirc, is actually the same card as the Pro.. I think $400 is doable with little to no losses, but I guess we'll see.

"Why people complaining at the price? The PS3 was 600"

I'm ready for this when Scorpio comes out and is a lot more than the $400 PS4Pro that has already had a full year of market penetration.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

my guess is something around 550, there is no magic there, I mean, the GPU + 12GB of GDDR 5 ram + potentially a more powerful CPU than what`s on the PS4 PRO... it has to cost at least 100$ 150$ more than the PS4 Pro (everything else in the box being equal).

Unless they really want to be agressive and give away their premium product.

Around the Network

I think this is just preemptive strategy on MS part. They have planted the seeds of $600 in everyones heads now so when they come in at $499 some would say it's cheap.

I think they will come in at $499, no chance they will be at $399 if they are going to have all the stuff over they PS4 thats rumored. Unless they choose to sell it at a loss. Which I strongly doubt MS will do.

There goes 4k 60fps at above low settings

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

DannyDesario said:

Lol was the at all a possibility? 60 frames even at 1080P on current Xbox One/PS4 is a rarity. Doing it at 4K with Scorpio/PS4 Pro specs is very unlikely for most games.

Guitarguy said:
DannyDesario said:

Lol was the at all a possibility? 60 frames even at 1080P on current Xbox One/PS4 is a rarity. Doing it at 4K with Scorpio/PS4 Pro specs is very unlikely for most games.

Tell that to the Xbox enthusiasts (not the level-headed fans) that are saying the system is 10Teraflops (we know nVidia and AMD TFs aren't the same in the first place, lol).  I hope the system is as good as it can be so Sony doesn't get lazy, but I don't want people to get ahead of themselves.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

DannyDesario said:
Guitarguy said:

Tell that to the Xbox enthusiasts (not the level-headed fans) that are saying the system is 10Teraflops (we know nVidia and AMD TFs aren't the same in the first place, lol).  I hope the system is as good as it can be so Sony doesn't get lazy, but I don't want people to get ahead of themselves.

Totally agree. I think we saw Sony get a bit comfortable with the Slim not having any upgrades(except for the stronger Wifi but if you are a serious gamer you would try use ethernet anyway) and taking away the optical port while Microsoft added a UHD blu ray drive and kept all its ports intact except for the native Kinect port. No UHD drive in the Pro still boggles my mind though, I thought Sony would have been all over it but they can make some strange decisions when they are winning like having only 2 controller ports in the PS2 lol.