By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer suggests Scorpio will cost not more than $600 USD

Fei-Hung said:
$549 for 1TB base model.
$599 for 2TB base model.

Both models to come with a choice of either:

1) Forza 4K DD
2) Halo 5 4K DD
3) Gears 4 4K DD

There won't be a base 500gb model as around 140gb is taken by the OS etc. Halo 5 which is just about full HD takes up 55gb. If Scorpio will do native 4K I can imagine it taking up 90+gb.

There is no way MS will launch at $399 when they couldn't even do the 1TB slim below $349 with an old GPU, less powerful and smaller quantity RAM and overall older tech.

THe 1tb XB1s comes with a $59.99 game included, and the game isn't always a MS title.

I literally just bought an XB1s 1tb Madden Bundle yesterday for $349.00.  Bestbuy also is giving a free $59.99 game with that, so I got FOrza Horizon 3.   BestBuy matched Walmart that also has a free 2nd controller too.  

The real price I just paid was $349.99 - $59.99(Game)=$290.00   - $39.99(controller)=$250   - $59.99 (madden) = $190!

I already had a launch XB1, but i had been waiting to get a PS4pro for a game system and 4k Bluray player.  When the specs came out that the PS4pro didn't have the 4k bluray, it was an easy choice.  I looked and all of the 4k bluray players are $319+.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Trunkin said:
$400 for the Scorpio, $250 for the S with a game included in 2017.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The specs aren't that amazing in the Scorpio, $400 should be feasible.

Hopefully they bundle the Scorpio with a game as well. I'm thinking Gears of War 4 because it should have 4K support.

I'm thinking there'll be a $499 2tb version that comes with Halo 6, or whatever their big title for the 2017 Holidays is. I doubt the base Scorpio will include anything besides maybe 6months of Gold. It'll probably be $50 more than the Pro at that point, which I''m guessing M$ would be okay with, considering the spec difference.

nanzano said:
Trunkin said:
$400 for the Scorpio, $250 for the S with a game included in 2017.

Microsoft already said it will have a premium price so $399 is a no go. $449 also isn't premium price.

My guess is it will launch at the same price the OG X1 launched or higher => $499+

If $250 is mass market, $400 is premium. Let's be honest, they're throwing around these vague statements because they're still not sure exactly what price point they're going to be able to hit, but I think $399, is a safe bet, especially considering the price of the Pro right now. $499 for the base model would be suicide, as the console as they've announced it doesn't offer enough over the Pro (or even the XB1S) to justify that cost.

Peh said:
If people want better graphics, they better pay up. Otherwise they can still get the cheaper version of the console for the same games. Sound reasonable.

Wrong.  People are not bound by your logic.  They don't have to get a Slim because they don't want to pay for Scorpio.   People are free to do whatever the hell they want.  Sound reasonable.

I will go with $500 as well

Around the Network

I won't rule out 400 but from the start I've been thinking it'll be 500. Anything over that is too expensive and DoA.

$599 seems the most likely, given the hardware, and if it doesn't receive any rumored upgrades. A native 4K machine really is going to be expensive, but I don't foresee it as being a 9th gen console, so for a premium product, that would make sense.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

$499 (Premium, bundled 2Tb), $399 (Premium), $299 Scorpio (500Gb basic), $199.99 Xbox One (1Tb), with 500Gb eliminated when Scorpio releases.

lynksseus said:
$499 (Premium, bundled 2Tb), $399 (Premium), $299 Scorpio (500Gb basic), $199.99 Xbox One (1Tb), with 500Gb eliminated when Scorpio releases.

Phil Spencer says "It will not cost more than 600$."

Lynksseus says "sweet, 299$ scorpio 500gb model!"

wake up? your dreaming? or not listening to what phil spencer is saying.

This is bound to be 449$-549$. Pick a number in between that and you probably wont be dissapointed.

Peh said:
If people want better graphics, they better pay up. Otherwise they can still get the cheaper version of the console for the same games. Sound reasonable.

Yh true.... Obviosuly most people are willing to pay $399 for better graphics. Lets see how many will  be willing to pay $499/$599.... especially when at the time there may be something that "claims" to be just as good with more already content that could for all we know cost $100-$300 less (depending on what price the scorpio comes in at)