By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim release sees UK Xbox One hardware sales rocket 1,000%

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

Stop assuming personal things about me from my post because I'm perfectly calm and collective.  

I'm being straight to the point.  Japanese market is bigger,  UK is overtaking if you only go by home consoles.  

Feel free to Google that if you doubt me. 

I never said i did doubt you. Maybe thats the same thing i read and got mixed up since i thought i read that the uk has already over taking japan.

Maybe you did.  

Japan is way ahead overall when you include handhelds and mobile which Japanese gamers are really embracing. But yeah as I said UK is taking over in terms of home console. 

Around the Network

I'm not gonna get the Slim. I would if I didn't have an Xbox One already.
I'll get a 4K tv this year and pick up the Scorpio next year :)

SuperShrooms said:
I'm not gonna get the Slim. I would if I didn't have an Xbox One already.
I'll get a 4K tv this year and pick up the Scorpio next year :)

No reason if you already own one. I prefer my black XONE with digital chrome colored forward buttons... 

Kerotan said:
zero129 said:

And you gave a guess not an answere if we are going about it that way. Can we not have a proper convo without you trying to be smart?.

My answer has as much info as yours did. I was simply adding to your statement why should you find offence with this?.

Stop assuming personal things about me from my post because I'm perfectly calm and collective.  

I'm being straight to the point.  Japanese market is bigger,  UK is overtaking if you only go by home consoles.  

Sales wise I doubt it... The Japanese market has more devs. Both markets have similar audiences... 

AsGryffynn said:
Kerotan said:

Sales wise I doubt it... The Japanese market has more devs. Both markets have similar audiences... 

If you doubt it Google it and see.  This is what I've read multiple times. Join in next weeks mediacreate thread or ask in the comg thread.  A lot of knowledgeable posters who will know 100% for sure. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
AsGryffynn said:

If you doubt it Google it and see.  This is what I've read multiple times. Join in next weeks mediacreate thread or ask in the comg thread.  A lot of knowledgeable posters who will know 100% for sure. 

Nay. I am certain devs allow Japan to have a larger gaming market even though the gaming community of either country are similar in size... 

Edit: Console and portable only. I excluded mobile games... 

AsGryffynn said:
Kerotan said:

Nay. I am certain devs allow Japan to have a larger gaming market even though the gaming community of either country are similar in size... 

Devs don't allow.  The consumers who play their games do. 

Kerotan said:
AsGryffynn said:

I have no idea how my question got turned into this back and forth. 

Thanks for your answer. You actually answered what I asked.  

-------------

As for the other there was no hidden meaning to my question or round about way of answering it to get a desired result.  It was simple and straight forward and meant what it asked.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Any increase is good, but things to note:

1. Sales would have dropped for XBO the week before as people wait for the slim, because lets be honest the XBOs is much better device (design etc) than the original XBO.
2. Sales of PS4 slim will be low right now as OG PS4 is being sold lower/cheaper to get rid of stock. Until that stock is cleared why would you buy a slim, the OG PS4 is a nice looking device and pretty small, no major disadvantage when comparing it to the design of XBO and XBOs where S is so much nicer. If I was an XBO owner I would probably have upgraded to S just because its a better machine than the OG, thats not the case here really design wise with the PS4.
3. Pro is going to reduce sales of slim/OG PS4 as people will wait to upgrade, the price is not that much difference (expect the slim to see some further discounting over xmas me thinks). I expect Pro to sell pretty well.
4. Sony did do a sale this week of OG PS4 in the UK to clear stock, expect 1000% rise in the news next week...lol.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Kerotan said:
AsGryffynn said:

I have no idea what you're implying. If I have to spell it out for you, there are around 33 million console and portable gamers in Britain AND Japan...