By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Presidential Debate: 0 minutes to go. LIVE!

Tagged games:

Are debates cool?

Yes, they are nice. 48 64.00%

No, they are terrible. 27 36.00%

Total:75

Trump claimed that he has a good temperament. Tonight's debate showed otherwise.

Around the Network

Right now, this is the only thing telling me the last laugh will be mine...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheget

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Trump claimed that he has a good temperament. Tonight's debate showed otherwise.

That was a bad moment for him, when he randomly just said he had good temperament and the audience laughed and then it gave Clinton a huge opening to go at him. 

Leadified said:
Well that was mildly entertaining, probably not a good thing for a presidential debate, hard to believe that either of these people will become president but there you have it.

That... both were terrible.

They both did not answer a lot of questions properly...

Trump focused way too much on defending himself (as well as interrupting) against Clinton really bad attacks and her tentative to 'sound' cool and try to make him sound ridiculous (at the end it she was just trying way too much and it felt really awkward)

Really sad to see that those are the two candidates...

bunchanumbers said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah maybe that too. He doesn't like people knowing he started off with $14 million dollars. 

$14 million in 70s money was worth a lot more than today.

Yeah that's closer to $70+ million today, plus I'm sure his father also gave him tremendous business contacts, the idea that he started from "scratch" is laughable. I'll give him that he's a good self promoter, but he's hardly a rags to riches story. 

Around the Network

Imo Trump started up well but the tax and race isdues broke him. Hillary wad more kept together but like Trump she was a but vaugue and sone things she said didn't make sense.

CNN is "laying it on thick" - Most of us in the US don t trust CNN - So I think their blatant partisanship may backfire on Clinton - we ll see

She seemed very status quo- He seemed very "real" - We ll see what the voters think- It is hard for me to believe aprox 1/3 of the voters are undecided - I t s not like one is a Moderate Republican and the other a Moderate Democrat- they are very very different

I thought that Clinton nailed it. She jabbed at him and he took the bait. If it was fishing, he swallowed the hook and the lure whole. He ended up ignoring the issues and would go to reply against what Clinton said more often than not. She seemed far more professional.

Imaginedvl said:
Leadified said:
Well that was mildly entertaining, probably not a good thing for a presidential debate, hard to believe that either of these people will become president but there you have it.

That... both were terrible.

They both did not answer a lot of questions properly...

Trump focused way too much on defending himself (as well as interrupting) against Clinton really bad attacks and her tentative to 'sound' cool and try to make him sound ridiculous (at the end it she was just trying way too much and it felt really awkward)

Really sad to see that those are the two candidates...

I have to admit that it was pretty amusing that by the end of it, it got so incoherent that both Clinton and Trump were constantly slipping up and the debate devolved into a series of gaffs.

Trump's camp is unhappy with the questions of the debate apparently, which is kinda code for "we lost the debate".

I didn't think it was like a decisive knock out or anything, but I think it was good night for Clinton. He started off strong, but she turned the tables on him.

The problem with Trump is does start to sound (well) stupid the more he talks, and he fell into the trap of talking a lot, aimlessly at times.