By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If CERN/NASA were to prove our universe is a simulation, how would it affect you?

JRPGfan said:
Slimebeast said:
I would ask them to take me out of the simulation and allow me to live forever.

Religion basically says that happends to all of us, afterwards anyways.

Whats the big hurry? enjoy life and let it happend the natural way.

So you didn't catch the parallel.

I'm not in a hurry, I would just like to have some security and confirmation if possible. That's why I would ask them, so they wouldn't just delete me because I didn't show any interest.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
archer9234 said:
Give me the god mode commands plz.

This is a massive multipler online roleplaying game.

Theres usually a system in place to catch those that run around useing cheats :p

I found out the truth. I'm going to the master :P.

John2290 said:

I love how you assume the game is for your enjoyment, lol. Do you give a shit about an NPC in GTA. hahaha.

Hmm, in that case I hope never to meet the player. He's probably on a much more interesting procedurally generated planet instead of this little unremarkable ball in the backwaters of a generic galaxy.

It would prove that God does exist after all (albeit, maybe not in the way he/she/it was original conceived) which would really be amazing. I mean, think about it. Science proving God exists? What will both sides do then? lol

JRPGfan said:
You guys know theres actually people that believe this is all just a simulation right?
matrix life theory

Its becourse its the best answer we have.. If you look at things like..

* That all things and people infact are made up of tiny bits of dots.. (atoms) incredible small "dots" that are filled with energi and 99.99% "nothing"

* That all.. humans.. animals.. have a simple code (dna)

* All things from the way clouds move on the sky.. to the leaves on trees.. all follow matematic

Big bang out of nothing are also easy to explain this way..

Point is.. Some kind of simulation make sense..

Different theorys dosen make sense to discuss..  Future humans.. aliens.. or other not even posible for man to understand.. will always only be a gues/believe.

Around the Network
FromDK said:
JRPGfan said:
You guys know theres actually people that believe this is all just a simulation right?
matrix life theory

* That all things and people infact are made up of tiny bits of dots.. (atoms) incredible small "dots" that are filled with energi and 99.99% "nothing"

* All things from the way clouds move on the sky.. to the leaves on trees.. all follow matematic

Different theorys dosen make sense to discuss..  Future humans.. aliens.. or other not even posible for man to understand.. will always only be a gues/believe.

I dont think its a silly theory, I can rationalise why some could think so.

I just dont think it matters in any way, if its a simulation or not.

JRPGfan said:
FromDK said:

I dont think its a silly theory, I can rationalise why some could think so.

I just dont think it matters in any way, if its a simulation or not.

we agree.. it dosent change anythingin in our live.. but mayby after..

If this "reality" are only theoretical.. it opens up the posibility that dead is not the end..

JRPGfan said:
Peh said:

How would you know that you are not playing this game alone? Everyone else would be just a NPC. It's the same situation like in a dream. Everyone else is just a fabrication of your brain.

Because that line of thinking is scary, also theres no way to ever know one way or another.  Sociopaths think like that btw, nothing but them matter to them.

So you play it safe, and assume the others in this game, are like you a player, your bound to live a better life, with a more sane mind while doing so. Even if your wrong and everyone is just a NPC, at the end of it, I doubt you ll have regretted treating them like players. The same cant be said if you live the otherway, you might end up regretting that at the end.

Suppose it really is a "game" and your high score dictates where you go afterwards. You cant know until youve played the game to the end.

Well, who knows.. in the end.. you will know, or not. The more scarier part is when life is an endless loop. Your memories will get erased each time you start from the beginning. But that's highly unlikely.

If this is a game, why the fucking hell didn't I went with a JRPG/ Harem game !!

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

No one can convince me this isn't GTA XI

FromDK said:

we agree.. it dosent change anythingin in our live.. but mayby after..

If this "reality" are only theoretical.. it opens up the posibility that dead is not the end..

Depends, do you take care of all those simulated worlds you've played in? Where is Civilization and Minecraft heaven? Lost savegames on a HDD or memory card that is destined to fail.

John2290 said:

Lmao. I really hope your not this bitter. You feeling alright.,.bad day?   Sim or not, real or a dream, the imagination of ourselves or an elaborate illussion created by DNA so it can use us to modify itself into something greater,..whatever it may be, i THINK that this particular spot, in this galaxy in this section of whatever the fuck it all is, everything that has happened, and can be experienced is pretty damn wonderful, even the bad shit that contrasts the good. Lovely slice of the cake, we could have it much worse and the fact that we have the ability to make it better is the icing and drugs are the little cherry on top.

Don't worry, just kidding around. I remember having this theory as a kid that time on earth was like school, you go through several lives to learn. Somewhere outside you would keep all your experiences. It's fun to wonder about things, however the older I get, it's more fun to simply experience being alive. Less mind time, more time enjoying all the other senses. The best part of the simulation is the sun, that seems to have the biggest effect on my mood. It was a dark rainy day, sun is back out now :)