By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If CERN/NASA were to prove our universe is a simulation, how would it affect you?

John2290 said:
Kerotan said:
I'd ask why the simulation allowed bans on website forums to exist.

What if the universe is a simulation with a safety protocol. When something in the simulation for example humans discover its a simulation and get the ability to fuck with it, it shuts down and restarts the simulation like in the matrix.
They patch the error and restart it in the hope it won't have to be reset this time.

So the big bang is the shut down and reset process meaning it last happened 10 billion years ago or whatever.

So should we really dabble with the system and risk being shut down or should we accept the reality and just live with it.

That depends if we know the purpose of the simulation. Its purpose may be simply to manipulate it and enter the host universe in some form or another so "they" can figure out how to manipulate "their" universe/simulation and possibly find a way to escape into their own host simulation, climbing the ladder of simulations and so on until they found Universe one, the OG.

So basically to advance we need to create our own simulation!  

Simulception! 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

I knew it all along.

Lots of microtransactions though, you can't do anything without having to get your wallet out. I would avoid this game.

You guys know theres actually people that believe this is all just a simulation right?
matrix life theory

also that there are those that believe, our "reality" can be edit'ed (hacked) if you would.
The mandela effect.

I would ask them to take me out of the simulation and allow me to live forever.

Slimebeast said:
I would ask them to take me out of the simulation and allow me to live forever.

Religion basically says that happends to all of us, afterwards anyways.

Whats the big hurry? enjoy life and let it happend the natural way.

Around the Network

Give me the god mode commands plz.

JRPGfan said:
Peh said:
Massive multiplayer or singleplayer? I would ask myself what I did in order to end up here.

Would you really rathered have played "this" game alone? I guess you could always choose to do so if you wanted.

Buy some hiking gear, run out into the wilderness and see if you can survive without ever needing anything from anymore or meeting anyone again.

Id like to think this game is more fun played multiplayer mode.

How would you know that you are not playing this game alone? Everyone else would be just a NPC. It's the same situation like in a dream. Everyone else is just a fabrication of your brain.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

archer9234 said:
Give me the god mode commands plz.

This is a massive multipler online roleplaying game.

Theres usually a system in place to catch those that run around useing cheats :p

Peh said:
JRPGfan said:

Would you really rathered have played "this" game alone? I guess you could always choose to do so if you wanted.

Buy some hiking gear, run out into the wilderness and see if you can survive without ever needing anything from anymore or meeting anyone again.

Id like to think this game is more fun played multiplayer mode.

How would you know that you are not playing this game alone? Everyone else would be just a NPC. It's the same situation like in a dream. Everyone else is just a fabrication of your brain.

Because that line of thinking is scary, also theres no way to ever know one way or another.  Sociopaths think like that btw, nothing but them matter to them.

So you play it safe, and assume the others in this game, are like you a player, your bound to live a better life, with a more sane mind while doing so. Even if your wrong and everyone is just a NPC, at the end of it, I doubt you ll have regretted treating them like players. The same cant be said if you live the otherway, you might end up regretting that at the end.

Suppose it really is a "game" and your high score dictates where you go afterwards. You cant know until youve played the game to the end.

Goodnightmoon said:
SvennoJ said:

A game that relies on a bunch of packed in mini games to keep it interesting is inherintly bad. If you can't sort out the base game play, you fail. Plus this server is way over capacity, bad instancing.

But there is some very good music here and there too, and music is important in a game, so that' a 3/10, still a shit.

True, yet only in controlled conditions. Any outside sound suffers from terrible delays due to slow sound processing/propagation, making stadium announcements difficult to understand. But sure, an extra point for excellent user content systems.

To answer the op, I doubt it would change much. Science has already shown matter doesn't really exist and everything is fundamentally based on chance. Proving the earth wasn't flat and not the center of the universe made bigger waves.