By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If CERN/NASA were to prove our universe is a simulation, how would it affect you?

it would affect me very moderately.

Around the Network
Peh said:
Spindel said:
Is it August 29 1997 in the real world?

You've watched too much Terminator 1 and 2.

2:14 am eastern time ;)

What's the difference?

:thinking:

John2290 said:
leyendax69 said:
:thinking:

keep at it, someday you'll form a thought, you just have to keep trying and don't give up.

Hahahah my first thought was that I probably wouldn't care since everything I know is actually a lie, so why bother

Around the Network

So can I talk with the simulator(s) ? First I'd like to ask what are boundaries of our Universe, do we know the real deal or is our perception of Universe a small fragment of a greater picture the other pieces of which are far too distant from us to see/reach ? (almost like with Galaxies in a few bilion years but on a greater scale) .
Secondly I'd ask if he managed to create beings able to not set themselves goals and if so how did their evolution progress (if it did). Lastly I'd ask if we could be able to create a similar kind of simulation but on a smaller scale and how it is to browse in endless darkness only to find a small something once in a while

I would go to San Diego and run around naked.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Actually... thinking about the simulation... it is pretty easy to make one. All you need to do is to set up the values at the beginning, meaning.. like defining the quarks and beyond that (Probably not even those) and hit start. Everything else is interacting with each other and will create on their own. The laws of physics are created by the interacting of the smallest particles and forces. You just need a lot of processing power. And voila... a new universe is born. You don't need polygons, textures or shaders. 

But don't worry people, as long as we don't figure out of what this universe is made of and how it established itself, we won't be able to destroy this universe by knowing this (e.g. the universe becomes self aware) so it can kickstart a new one :)

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I'd demand a day 1 loyalty achievement.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The tower of Babel is a warning to CERN folks