By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If CERN/NASA were to prove our universe is a simulation, how would it affect you?

vivster said:
binary solo said:
The thing is, no one can prove it's not a simulation.

Morpheus could.

Part of a theory about the Matrix films is about Neo being 'connected' to the machines even after apparently being in the real world, as in how was he connected to the machines? Human's don't work like that. The idea being that there are levels to the matrix. The last level is what the humans percieve, the one below that is a simulated level of 'freed' humans for The One (anomoly) to escape to so they can cause the reset and route out problems, then levels below that would be the AI code levels. The real world might be nothing like what was portrayed in the films.

... think i saw that on that Film Theory yt channel. Makes as much sense as the films.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
vivster said:

Morpheus could.

Part of a theory about the Matrix films is about Neo being 'connected' to the machines even after apparently being in the real world, as in how was he connected to the machines? Human's don't work like that. The idea being that there are levels to the matrix. The last level is what the humans percieve, the one below that is a simulated level of 'freed' humans for The One (anomoly) to escape to so they can cause the reset and route out problems, then levels below that would be the AI code levels. The real world might be nothing like what was portrayed in the films.

... think i saw that on that Film Theory yt channel. Makes as much sense as the films.

Eh. The movies have a lot of issues with itself. I never liked the never ending Matrix in a Matrix idea. Because, why wouldn't Smith just go there and end everything? Oracle is all seeing. I say Neo and the other "one's" are evolved humans. And gain telekenetic and phsyic powers. That's how they "control" the machines outside. All we saw was an eletrical surge. Who says Neo wasn't just pulling circuits out. Shocking them. And holding them, in place. Scarlett Witch would be a Goddess. If she were the only enhanced human, on Earth.

We're talking about AI robots. That decided to use humans as batteries. Instead of going: "Yeah, the humans blocked the sun. Who cares. We'll use them for a little while as temp batteries. Let's focus on making 20 mile high towers. To reach the sun." They don't age. Time is meaningless. And they have the whole WORLD's ground, to use. Then start figuring out a way to clean up the sky. The robots can fly. They can't just go up? It would be stupid to hold a gruge on humans. And avoid easier ways to fix their problem. Actually, it be more logical. If these emotional robots would do it the smarter way. They could then jsut breed humans. And have all kinds of abusive rituals, murders, slaugther houses, for their revenge.

archer9234 said:

Eh. The movies have a lot of issues with itself. I never liked the never ending Matrix in a Matrix idea. Because, why wouldn't Smith just go there and end everything? Oracle is all seeing. I say Neo and the other "one's" are evolved humans. And gain telekenetic and phsyic powers. That's how they "control" the machines outside. All we saw was an eletrical surge. Who says Neo wasn't just pulling circuits out. Shocking them. And holding them, in place. Scarlett Witch would be a Goddess. If she were the only enhanced human, on Earth.

We're talking about AI robots. That decided to use humans as batteries. Instead of going: "Yeah, the humans blocked the sun. Who cares. We'll use them for a little while as temp batteries. Let's focus on making 20 mile high towers. To reach the sun." They don't age. Time is meaningless. And they have the whole WORLD's ground, to use. Then start figuring out a way to clean up the sky. The robots can fly. They can't just go up? It would be stupid to hold a gruge on humans. And avoid easier ways to fix their problem. Actually, it be more logical. If these emotional robots would do it the smarter way. They could then jsut breed humans. And have all kinds of abusive rituals, murders, slaugther houses, for their revenge.

Smith was a subroutine of that level of the Matrix (The Matrix Matrix), while the humans had a line connections to the Real World Matrix and could come and go as they please, he didn't so couldn't leave. He mentioned in one film that after he was 'destroyed' he knew what he was supposed to do but didn't and that's go back to the source to get rewriten/programmed. That source didn't exist in the Real World Matrix, it's well below that. I can see your ideas but not sure the idea of 'evolved' humans work as in the Matrix world, it's meant to be normal humans just subjected to AIs master powerstation. 

Scarlett Witch from the comics is a god in certain aspects, as you know. 

The ideas of the film is filled with a lot of plot holes when it comes to power. Geothermal power is the big one, easyily available and more than enough to power the machines for a life time. Part of what I believe is that the robots created the Matrix to preserve humans. They are their makers after all, without them they have nothing. Yet if human's did indeed scorch the skies, then the humans would die out. The AI is trying to save them. The Matrix and sub levels are there to give them purpose.

John2290 said:

They should have just quit after the first film. 

Yes, yes they should.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
archer9234 said:

Smith was a subroutine of that level of the Matrix (The Matrix Matrix), while the humans had a line connections to the Real World Matrix and could come and go as they please, he didn't so couldn't leave. He mentioned in one film that after he was 'destroyed' he knew what he was supposed to do but didn't and that's go back to the source to get rewriten/programmed. That source didn't exist in the Real World Matrix, it's well below that. I can see your ideas but not sure the idea of 'evolved' humans work as in the Matrix world, it's meant to be normal humans just subjected to AIs master powerstation. 

Scarlett Witch from the comics is a god in certain aspects, as you know. 

The ideas of the film is filled with a lot of plot holes when it comes to power. Geothermal power is the big one, easyily available and more than enough to power the machines for a life time. Part of what I believe is that the robots created the Matrix to preserve humans. They are their makers after all, without them they have nothing. Yet if human's did indeed scorch the skies, then the humans would die out. The AI is trying to save them. The Matrix and sub levels are there to give them purpose.

John2290 said:

They should have just quit after the first film. 

Yes, yes they should.

That is so much AI logic fail. It hurts. If they have to protect. The uprisings in Animatrix couldn't of happened. But they did. So then they're emotions to murder. Somehow made them bad. Then reverted back to protecting, once the robot killing was over? They should of never made the other films. This is just a mess.

How do they want to prove it? They'd have to prove the existence of those who run the simulation.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

CERN is hell bent on opening up a portal to another dimension and letting satan and demons into our world

NASA has been the one telling us lies all these years,making us believe the earth is round when its really flat and that the sky was see today is just an illusion created by the sphere grid they have over the flat earth to fool the masses. We've never been to the moon and that was staged and NASA lied. We've never been to MARS either,that was just filmed here in the united states in the nevada desert.

open your eyes!

^
thats actually what some people believe,mind you

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The idea is probably not far from the thruth. A lot of highly respected scientist (in all kinds of fields, but mostly in physics) have already stated (supported with lots of expiriments and data) that our reality is nothing more than data, making it actually nothing more than a virtual reality for your consciousness.

Seeing this 'physical' reality as the ultimate thruth leads to lots of problems that scientist (who think that way) can never solve. From a bigger picture perspective it's only logical that this reality we live in is not 'real' and is just one of many 'datastreams' that our consciousness can access.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

John2290 said:
binary solo said:
The thing is, no one can prove it's not a simulation.

CERN are having a pretty good go at it these days. Google CERN 13.5 TEV Many worlds research.

Any technology that can create our universe as a simulation will be advanced enough to make a multiverse simulation. However much we are able to understand the fundamentals of our universe, the intelligence that has created this simulation would understand more about the fundamentals of a universe. And assuming the intelligence continues to refine their undertstanding of the universe it would mean the AI in our simulation would need to advance beyond the understanding of the intelligence that created us in order for us to experimentally expose the simulation.

However, if we are merely a simulation, then the size of our universe is only virtual, therefore we should in theory be able to invent a way to fast travel to any point in the universe much like fast travel is a feature of open world games. But the intelligence would know this, and thus it could programme something in which is consistent with the simulated physical laws of the universe which allows for fast travel but which does not expose the virtual nature of teh universe, such as large wormholes. So, the question is would proof of the existence of wormholes be evidence for or against a simulated universe?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

John2290 said:

Maybe god was just the guideing hand, that made sure events played out as they did.

Nor does it have to conflict with Simulation theory. God may just be an IT guy who created a meme and is sending us via email to his mate in the cubical down the hall. 

This reminds me of the doctor who episodes where he was on a planet that was full of people who where responsible for creating and maintaining the math that ran the universe .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

John2290 said:

Maybe god was just the guideing hand, that made sure events played out as they did.

Nor does it have to conflict with Simulation theory. God may just be an IT guy who created a meme and is sending us via email to his mate in the cubical down the hall. 

This reminds me of the doctor who episodes where he was on a planet that was full of people who where responsible for creating and maintaining the math that ran the universe .

The other thing about talking physics here is clarity about whether we are talking about it at a macro or micro level.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot