By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is my PC outdated already?

Tagged games:

QUAKECore89 said:

Son, it's time to upgrade.

Go get 16GB of RAM at least & Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Compact-Graphics-ZT-P10610A-10L/dp/B01KKJAJM4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474886790&sr=8-2&keywords=Geforce+GTX+1060+3gb

16gb of RAM but only the 3gb 1060???

8gb of ram is certainly sufficient at the moment, it'd be better to get the higher vram version than pointlessly get 16gb ram.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I'm wondering how your PC still runs at all.

You should check your CPU performance and RAM usage during play to see where the bottleneck is.

I tried a test run with 3D Mark Professional, and... it crashed. I tried to run the highest setting avalible and it ran at 4fps. Yeah, this setup has finally gotten old. It lasted me so many years...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

that thing was outdated when you got it.
gtx 750 is and was a budget gpu that costed like 100$
the i3 isnt too bad but still budget cpu from like 2013

upgrade ram then work on gpu if possible

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Darwinianevolution said:

So I was trying to play Doom 4 on my PC on medium settings, and the game runs at, at most, 20 fps. I've been wondering if my PC has become underpowered with the current market. Specially when I see games like RE7 needing for its minimum settings more than what I already have.

Do you think this setup is okay, or is it somewhat dated? Or do you think my framerate problem with Doom has nothing to do with it?

Windows 8.1
RAM 4gb
Processor Intel Core i3-4330 CPU 3.50GH
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

RAM is definitely the easiest fix there, doesn't cost much. Otherwise I imagine you should be able to run Doom on medium just fine once you get more RAM.

Make sure to check whether your mobo is DDR3 or DDR4 compatible (I imagine yours is DDR3) before you buy your RAM though... When I did my recent upgrade I totally forgot and couldn't swap my RAM into my new mobo.

Son, time to scrap that piece and craft yourself a new one.

Trust me, you'll be better fof with a new build in the longrun that simply replacinga piece or two for now.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Son, time to scrap that piece and craft yourself a new one.

Trust me, you'll be better fof with a new build in the longrun that simply replacinga piece or two for now.

That I3 is perfectly good these days, at least for now. Add 4GB of ram, a faster GPU (that 1060 3gb is a good idea), and boom, done. The above just suggests wasting money for no reason.

Darwinianevolution said:

Windows 8.1
RAM 4gb
Processor Intel Core i3-4330 CPU 3.50GH
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

Yes, it's considerably underpowered now. The GTX 750 is closer to minimun on most games, so it will make you have to play on low/medium in a bunch of cases. Also, you need more RAM, at least 8GB to have some room to breath. The CPU still can go a bit, unless you buy a new, more powerful, GPU.

Barkley said:

16gb of RAM but only the 3gb 1060???

8gb of ram is certainly sufficient at the moment, it'd be better to get the higher vram version than pointlessly get 16gb ram.

Agree. 3GB is too low, there is a bunch og games that even on 1080p go closer to 4GB of usage. That 3GB version was a dumb reaction to the RX480 price, but it lacks VRAM severely.

Ha, I'm still running an Nvidia 660Ti!
I can still easily play Skyrim and Bioshock, etc. but when it comes to these latest gen games, i'd probably only be able to play at low settings. I've been looking to upgrade both my RAM and video card as well since it's been 4ish years since my rig was built.

Let me (or us) know what you end up upgrading with of you do.

For the newest games, you'll need at least more RAM and a new graphics card. Adding 4 GB of RAM (so you're at 8 GB total) should get you pretty far but if you want to prepare for the future, getting the total up to 16 GB would be better and not that much more expensive. You'll also want a new graphics card. The GTX 1060 would probably be one of the better cards you could get, but even a cheaper card would probably be fine (just less future-proof). You don't really need an expensive card for it to be noticeably better than your current one.