By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I just played the Horizon Zero Dawn demo

Sounds awesome! Horizon is going to be one of the highlights in 2017!!!

Around the Network

Sounds like you had fun. Feel like I need to apologize for the reactions here on behalf of the community though.

arcaneguyver said:
Sounds like you had fun. Feel like I need to apologize for the reactions here on behalf of the community though.

Nah, we`re good. We like having our own opinions even when they are not all positive. Thanks.

The thing that hypes me the most is the game looks this good on a regular ps4. Just insane what Sony can do. pushing the console industry to new heights!

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

Doesnt change the fact that he told us to be excited about the game based on the graphics alone.

Or maybe his recommendation is based on all factors of the game but he decided to just say the most impressive thing to keep it concise?

I mean what do you want to know? It's an open world game. You run around using analog sticks. There is a map and you can do and look at stuff. Apparently the gameplay was polished enough to not lose any unnecessary words about it. How big of a gameplay impression would you get from a 50h open world game within 15 minutes?

For example: Just Cause 3 has great gameplay for 15 minutes and then it sucks.

i still want to know if the game has a story.  GG has yet to provide definitive proof that the game has any story line at all.  for all i know the entire game is just a single area where i battle the same couple of robodinosaurs until i get bored which will probably be only a few mintues.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
vivster said:

Or maybe his recommendation is based on all factors of the game but he decided to just say the most impressive thing to keep it concise?

I mean what do you want to know? It's an open world game. You run around using analog sticks. There is a map and you can do and look at stuff. Apparently the gameplay was polished enough to not lose any unnecessary words about it. How big of a gameplay impression would you get from a 50h open world game within 15 minutes?

i still want to know if the game has a story.  GG has yet to provide definitive proof that the game has any story line at all.  for all i know the entire game is just a single area where i battle the same couple of robodinosaurs until i get bored which will probably be only a few mintues.

They have focused alot on the story. It seems intriguing. Even I know that...

kitler53 said:
vivster said:

It does have a story. We could see what seems to be the Big Boss on the new trailer. We couldn't film or take pictures of the presentation, but if my memory doesn't fail me. He was chocking Aloy, while talking about the reason he's corrupting the machines beast. If you remember the E3 presentation, Aloy fought corrupt machines that were attacking a village. We also could see different enviromments, so it's safe to assume that the world of Horizon is a lot bigger than what was shown so far.  

danielrdp said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Since you seem to be completely blind or unable to read, have a little help:

The game is just gorgeous. It's so pretty. I'm really really excited now

If you're not hyped about Horizon ZD, you should be. 

This are the only 2 sentences about Horion on a thread about Horizon, make your own conclusions about what we should be excited lol

Okay, I just updated the OP. I hope that's better now. But really I couldn't review the game after playing 15 minutes of the demo. 

Now is perfect, with 15 minutes you cannot review the game, but you already know how it feels to play it with your hands which is the kind of info that you can't get just watching a video, sounds like a fun game tbh.

CGI-Quality said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Since you seem to be completely blind or unable to read, have a little help:

The game is just gorgeous. It's so pretty. I'm really really excited now

If you're not hyped about Horizon ZD, you should be. 

This are the only 2 sentences about Horion on a thread about Horizon, make your own conclusions about what we should be excited lol

One step too far, my man. Let's avoid this sort of thing.

You are right, I was in a terrible humor when I woke up, as usual, sorry about that.

To add bits, my kids played Horizon at EGX and they said it was very good indeed. Unfortunately I was manning a stand for the whole 4 days so didnt get to play anything,

I did get a chance to walk around and look at some close screens:

Titan fall looked really clunky, wasn't impressed
FF looked great, but didnt look so great on XBO, seemed lower resolution (I think thats already confirmed right?)
GT look ok, nothing special, still have placeholder art on it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!