By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've decided not to buy it.

No PS4 Pro (thanks UHD 4K) or PS VR for me this holiday.

Will get a NES Mini and some games for my XBox One, but that's about it and then will grab an NX in March. 

Around the Network

Unless it's a consumable product, nope. That's what my savings are for, so I never have to worry about those kinds of things.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'm skipping 4K this year, going for psvr instead and a pro to back it up, plus NES mini for nostalgia as it costs less than going out for dinner anyway. Next year 4K HDR and Scorpio. NX I dunno, wtf is it.

Damn it, is noone actually gonna buy VR?!

Barely anyone talks about VR on VGC and almost nobody is excited. I was extremely excited in the past but with the lack of general hype, and after realizing the limitations of VR (bad controls and movement in VR games, no killer apps, not even good future ideas exist yet) my excitement too has vaned.

The HTC Vive costs 1000 Euros here, which simply is far too much for sumthing that will be obsolete when the next iteration of VR cums out with higher resolution, which is probably 2017.

And Sony VR has a bad quality in the original PS4, and I haven't yet heard anything that convinces me it runs in beautiful grafix on the PS4 Pro. Also, PS4 VR while cheaper is still quite expensive to play more or less "demo experiences". You just get into a world, look around at the marvel and experience it for 20 minutes at a a time, they not feel really like games.

But still, it's so sad that our members simply aren't excited for VR.

I want the first generation of HTC Vive to sell 10 million copies, and Oculus Rift to sell 5 million and the PS4 VR to sell 20 million, but they will probably only sell like 10% of that.

Can't say I have. If I want it, I buy it.

I am more concerned about the time to play them than the cost. However, even that won't stop me sometimes.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Damn it, is noone actually gonna buy VR?!

Barely anyone talks about VR on VGC and almost nobody is excited. I was extremely excited in the past but with the lack of general hype, and after realizing the limitations of VR (bad controls and movement in VR games, no killer apps, not even good future ideas exist yet) my excitement too has vaned.

The HTC Vive costs 1000 Euros here, which simply is far too much for sumthing that will be obsolete when the next iteration of VR cums out with higher resolution, which is probably 2017.

And Sony VR has a bad quality in the original PS4, and I haven't yet heard anything that convinces me it runs in beautiful grafix on the PS4 Pro. Also, PS4 VR while cheaper is still quite expensive to play more or less "demo experiences". You just get into a world, look around at the marvel and experience it for 20 minutes at a a time, they not feel really like games.

But still, it's so sad that our members simply aren't excited for VR.

I want the first generation of HTC Vive to sell 10 million copies, and Oculus Rift to sell 5 million and the PS4 VR to sell 20 million, but they will probably only sell like 10% of that.

I tried the Samsung thingy with the cellphone to get a feel of VR. It was nice. If the elder scrolls support it, i might buy it. It does indeed seem like VR is not going to do that well.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Still on the fence on pS4 Pro at launch. I really want to pick it up with a must play exclusive, so I'm tempted to put it off towards Horizon Zero Dawn launch. Perhaps will have choice on a bundle or SE.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Slimebeast said:
lol a thread about deciding not to buy a stuff for $60.

Economically speaking this is probably about opportunity cost, where it's not about the money spent, but what alternatively the money and time could have been spent on.

No VR, no FFXV, no PS4 Pro.

Yes NES mini, Yes World of Final Fantasy

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I had 2 PS4 VR headsets on pre-order, but I think I'm going to cancel them. The hype for me has died and PS4 Pro kind of helped with that. Will stick with my OG PS4 and let the test subjects test the waters with this half gen upgrade and VR. If they take off, then good. I'll buy the PS4 Pro2 and PS VR2.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence