By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Scary event that happened to you?

Probably car wreck that was almost a head on or being temp detained by a SWAT raid.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
When I was 10 my little sister wanted to have me sleep in her room for a "sleep over" (her way of saying shes scared of the dark) and so I was like, "Alright. In a little bit."

>30 mins pass and its now 12am

I go to her room and lay on the floor with some covers. I turned off her tv and was attempting to go to sleep when I heard something. I thought it was my sister so I asked her, "What'd you say?" with no reply. But the sound was definitely coming from her bed.

I try to ignore it but I can't. I hear the voice again. Still coming from her bed. I tried to understand what it was saying but it was "speaking" in a language or way I couldn't understand. It sounded like complete gibberish and was getting higher and higher and louder as well.

I propped myself up with my arms and called my sisters name with no reply. A second voice joined in. I was freaked out and decided to run out the door. So as I run out the door the back of my head starts tingling as if it was being poked by thousands of small needles. Then I fell backwards and couldn't move my legs. So I crawled, with my arms, out the door. I got away.

That was a weird experience I had. Never forgotten it

That sounds freaky.

Ive had something slightly differnt. I think I was like 14? and it was late, id been at a friends house.

So I was walking home, on near where I live just round a corner of the street is a field.

Im walking along the street because it has the lamps, so you can see (it was dark), but not so dark you couldnt see at all without it.

But I notice something out over the fields. I stopped up and looked, thinking what is that? I see something that looks like a metal ball (slightly bigger than a football) just floating in the air, running back and forth over the field.

And I swear its like, it knew it got spotted, suddenly it made a quick movement and I lost track of it with my eyes.

At this point Im like... yep I need to get home, and I really dont like its this dark.

So I start walking again, and there it is, right in my path, just lazily hanging in the air in front of me.

At this point my heart jumps in my chest and Im fully freaked out, thinking I need to escape whatever this is, and just as Im about to run away in panic, it does a quick movement again, and is gone from sight. Which naturally is something you really dont want to happend when something scares you. I turn around and find it moved behinde me, and again moves out of sight. Is this thing playing a game with me? like Im not scared enough as is? I try to get it in my sight, but just barely catch its movement out of the corner of my eyes. Its obviously turning in a circle around me as I spin around to get sight of it. I lose track of it again and decide to make a run for it, I ran to the otherside of the street, and up against a bush fence. My reasoning is it cant circle around me if I have my back against something, and that way Id atleast see it if it was around again. I walk slowly sideways back to the fence, around the corner, and run strait back home. This was only a few houses from where I lived so I knew safety was nearby.

I havnt ever experianced anything like it since, and Im half convinced I must have imagined it somehow, the product of a over imaginative mind... or been loseing my mind or something.

Snoopy said:
Hiku said:

WHat country do you live in where there are possums walking by casually? lol

United States. We had an area where wild life animals use to live, but now they are doing construction in that and building apartments. So these wild life critters have no where to go.To make matters worse, they are redoing all the streets in my area so these noises scares the animals.

Actual the correct term for them is opossum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opossum

I live in east Fort Worth and although the area I live in is pretty urban you still see opossums once in a while as a matter of fact I had a few of them in my backyard plus my dogs killed at least a couple of them.

Eh nothing much really, nearly drowned as a kid and had to have my dad save me, nearly got run over twice in one morning on the way to school... I literally stepped out in front of a bus I was that fucking tired. Still not as dumb as my mate who got hit by a car twice in the same spot about a year or so apart.

BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:
When I was 10 my little sister wanted to have me sleep in her room for a "sleep over" (her way of saying shes scared of the dark) and so I was like, "Alright. In a little bit."

I go to her room and lay on the floor with some covers. I turned off her tv and was attempting to go to sleep when I heard something. I thought it was my sister so I asked her, "What'd you say?" with no reply. But the sound was definitely coming from her bed.

I try to ignore it but I can't. I hear the voice again. Still coming from her bed. I tried to understand what it was saying but it was "speaking" in a language or way I couldn't understand. It sounded like complete gibberish and was getting higher and higher and louder as well.

I propped myself up with my arms and called my sisters name with no reply. A second voice joined in. I was freaked out and decided to run out the door. So as I run out the door the back of my head starts tingling as if it was being poked by thousands of small needles. Then I fell backwards and couldn't move my legs. So I crawled, with my arms, out the door. I got away.

What about that huge rat that was cornening you and your family from getting home? I still remember that XD

Oh man that shit was scary! XD

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
StarOcean said:

That sounds freaky.

Ive had something slightly differnt. I think I was like 14? and it was late, id been at a friends house.

So I was walking home, on near where I live just round a corner of the street is a field.

Im walking along the street because it has the lamps, so you can see (it was dark), but not so dark you couldnt see at all without it.

But I notice something out over the fields. I stopped up and looked, thinking what is that? I see something that looks like a metal ball (slightly bigger than a football) just floating in the air, running back and forth over the field.

And I swear its like, it knew it got spotted, suddenly it made a quick movement and I lost track of it with my eyes.

At this point Im like... yep I need to get home, and I really dont like its this dark.

So I start walking again, and there it is, right in my path, just lazily hanging in the air in front of me.

At this point my heart jumps in my chest and Im fully freaked out, thinking I need to escape whatever this is, and just as Im about to run away in panic, it does a quick movement again, and is gone from sight. Which naturally is something you really dont want to happend when something scares you. I turn around and find it moved behinde me, and again moves out of sight. Is this thing playing a game with me? like Im not scared enough as is? I try to get it in my sight, but just barely catch its movement out of the corner of my eyes. Its obviously turning in a circle around me as I spin around to get sight of it. I lose track of it again and decide to make a run for it, I ran to the otherside of the street, and up against a bush fence. My reasoning is it cant circle around me if I have my back against something, and that way Id atleast see it if it was around again. I walk slowly sideways back to the fence, around the corner, and run strait back home. This was only a few houses from where I lived so I knew safety was nearby.

I havnt ever experianced anything like it since, and Im half convinced I must have imagined it somehow, the product of a over imaginative mind... or been loseing my mind or something.

Oh thats so interesting! I love weird stories like that. So it was a big metal ball thing?

StarOcean said:
JRPGfan said:

Oh thats so interesting! I love weird stories like that. So it was a big metal ball thing?

Yes, just a smooth metalic surface, and round as a ball (or more so). It just hung in the air without makeing a sound.

Thinking back on it, I dont understand why I was so scared, I didnt really think it was going to hurt me.

But the "play a game" of hideing behinde my back thingy... that sh*t I did not like.

Loseing seight of it, to find it behinde your back, and then again moveing out of your eye seight, as you turn to try and track its movement around you, with it trying to stay behinde you (a blind spot). That was what was scary.

This was its way of pointing out it didnt like me watching it either.

Around 7 years ago I almost got attacked by a group of gypsy kids in Bucharest. Thankfully I managed to escape the little fuckers...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

StarOcean said:

So did u go back to check on your sister, where did u sleep, back in ur own room? :P

Ever been held at gunpoint? I barely ran away (I was in my car)...