By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect is still cool, right?

Tagged games:

The only use for the Kinect as of now is for development. Not necessarily for gaming but it still serves as a decent 3D camera that can track your limbs. It can read your facial features. It seems like a terrific motion capture device for indie developers for instance.
FRU was the first game in a long while that made me believe that Kinect had its own place in gaming but it was a little too late to the party. The device itself is still being used for interesting things that doesn't fit the living room but works great in arcade environments.

Around the Network

Is there a Kinect sex game? I know Playboy put out a game on the Wii. You think that they could have you bang out your partner in different positions. Longer you last the higher the score, the more moaning the more points, etc...

Hahah, unfortunately no :P

I actually really like the Kinect, maybe a device like that needs to be multiplat to justify making games for it.

PS Move was a neat device, but again making games for a single platform's gimmick is rarely worthwhile.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I also love the Kinect and the potential it has (or had). For me, it falls short of availability, a huge factor for why the initial plans for Xbox One was terrible for anyone in Europe, "Kinect is mandatory but the real use of the device (voice commands) are not available in all of these countries 'since none of you can speak English apparently'"
It was sad, I have to switch my Xbox to UK or US in order to use the voice commands. Still worked great for the few games that tried to integrate it (D4, Project Spark and FRU), unfortunately all of those games flopped, but they still worked pretty well.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
I found Kinect is convenient for the voice commands, not a fan of the motion controlling.

I think what Microsoft should do going forward is include a couple of Microphones on the front of their consoles just for that, it's not even a big cost either.

Not a good design. The mic would pick up the fan noise/disc drive, in the console. It won't work right, if people have cabinet TV stands, with doors.

archer9234 said:
Pemalite said:
I found Kinect is convenient for the voice commands, not a fan of the motion controlling.

I think what Microsoft should do going forward is include a couple of Microphones on the front of their consoles just for that, it's not even a big cost either.

Not a good design. The mic would pick up the fan noise/disc drive, in the console. It won't work right, if people have cabinet TV stands, with doors.

They could go carts also!

It was never cool.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

archer9234 said:
Pemalite said:

A none issue considering notebooks have been having Microphones for decades... Even with blower fans.

You can get noise cancelling microphones anyway.

Not only that... But my Xbox One Kinect sensor sits on top of my Xbox One. Guess what is right below it? A fan below the open vent, optical drive etc' and it works perfectly.
In-fact the voice commands work when I even have my (rather large) sound systems volume turned up and the environment is noisy.

The voice commands with kinect work surprisingly well even when all the elements are fighting against it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Kinect will always be cool to people who like to move, have fun, and try different things.

Unfortunately, it's never really been utilized for the Xbox One. It's one of the things I like much better about Don than Phill. All it needs is some killer apps and everyone will want one again.

I just moved and haven't set mine back up. I didn't realize how much I used it, till I can't. I think if you have an Xbox One and don't use it you are missing out. At least how I like to do things.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!