By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect is still cool, right?

Tagged games:

archer9234 said:
Pemalite said:
I found Kinect is convenient for the voice commands, not a fan of the motion controlling.

I think what Microsoft should do going forward is include a couple of Microphones on the front of their consoles just for that, it's not even a big cost either.

Not a good design. The mic would pick up the fan noise/disc drive, in the console. It won't work right, if people have cabinet TV stands, with doors.

A none issue considering notebooks have been having Microphones for decades... Even with blower fans.

You can get noise cancelling microphones anyway.

Not only that... But my Xbox One Kinect sensor sits on top of my Xbox One. Guess what is right below it? A fan below the open vent, optical drive etc' and it works perfectly.
In-fact the voice commands work when I even have my (rather large) sound systems volume turned up and the environment is noisy.

The voice commands with kinect work surprisingly well even when all the elements are fighting against it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Kinect will always be cool to people who like to move, have fun, and try different things.

Unfortunately, it's never really been utilized for the Xbox One. It's one of the things I like much better about Don than Phill. All it needs is some killer apps and everyone will want one again.

I just moved and haven't set mine back up. I didn't realize how much I used it, till I can't. I think if you have an Xbox One and don't use it you are missing out. At least how I like to do things.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Now, it's not cool. It was one of those devices that should have been packaged with Kinect Sports and a few other games. Microsoft should have left it at that. As bad as a lot of Wii games were, the Wii remote still had a lot more accessibility than Kinect. Nintendo managed to make The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with the Wii remote. You could not have a game like that with Kinect.

There's a reason why Nintendo passed on the Kinect technology when it was being pitched to them. They were probably aware of the limited success they would have had with it. Eventually, after one year, Microsoft was aware of it too, which is why with Xbox One, they attempted to re-brand Kinect as an essential entertainment device rather than a gaming accessory.

But I think 10-20 years down the road, collectors will be going after Wii remotes and even PlayStation Move stuff, but not Kinect.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

I think, if someone were to live with me for a week and see how much I use Kinect, I would convince them that they couldn't live without it.

Twitter: @d21lewis