By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 3 Metacritic/Review thread - current meta: 91

Wow, how could so many perdict that it would score at around 90%? Were the previews that good? Well done.

This is almost a sistem seller level of reviews.

Around the Network

Its probably not the system seller Halo is.... but this should be good for xbox sales.

BraLoD said:
Slimebeast said:

Wow, how could so many perdict that it would score at around 90%? Were the previews that good? Well done.

This is almost a sistem seller level of reviews.

Anything over 90 should be considered already a relative system seller, it's not that kind of very rare score like 93+, but it's already pretty rare.

Scores don't really matter in terms of sales. Cod Ghost has a 78 on metacritic and will outsell 99% of AAA games this gen. Not to mention Bayonetta 2 sales being mediocre despite hitting over 90.

BraLoD said:
Snoopy said:

Scores don't really matter in terms of sales. Cod Ghost has a 78 on metacritic and will outsell 99% of AAA games this gen. Not to mention Bayonetta 2 sales being mediocre despite hitting over 90.

They do matter.
A game with a good score will get a boost on interest and a boost on sales, compared to if it didn't have a good score or had a bad one.

This doesn't mean they'll outsell massive multiplatform games, though, and that was never said to be the case, as well.

Disagree. Bayonetta was one of the best reviewed games in its day and sold like sh&*. Plenty of examples where high end reviewed games sell averagely

Compared to low scoring games that sell high.

Movies are the same. Look at Warcraft or Batman vs Superman. Terrible scores yet popular.

Azzanation said:
BraLoD said:

They do matter.
A game with a good score will get a boost on interest and a boost on sales, compared to if it didn't have a good score or had a bad one.

This doesn't mean they'll outsell massive multiplatform games, though, and that was never said to be the case, as well.

Disagree. Bayonetta was one of the best reviewed games in its day and sold like sh&*. Plenty of examples where high end reviewed games sell averagely

Movies are the same. Look at Warcraft or Batman vs Superman. Terrible scores yet popular.

This. Genres and brand matter a lot more. Score do help, but not as much as the genre of the movie/games and the brand. Forza Horizon 3 will sell around 2 million which is good, but not great.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Azzanation said:

This. Genres and brand matter a lot more. Score do help, but not as much as the genre of the movie/games and the brand. Forza Horizon 3 will sell around 2 million which is good, but not great.

I agree, Horizon 3 is regarded as the the best reviewed racing game this generation yet wilkl only sell 2m on XB1 and even less on PC. There are many games which will gain good reviews and just not sell well.

Azzanation said:
Snoopy said:

I agree, Horizon 3 is regarded as the the best reviewed racing game this generation yet wilkl only sell 2m on XB1 and even less on PC. There are many games which will gain good reviews and just not sell well.

That's because ppl won't even give it a chance. Some think it's a serious simulation as well. Most just stick with what they're used to though. It's a you can't miss what you never had and a how do you know you won't like it if you don't try it thing.

Purchased Gold Edition so I could play now on PC....  Game wont run.  Thanks MS.

dgboweniii said:

Purchased Gold Edition so I could play now on PC....  Game wont run.  Thanks MS.

There is no gold. Ultimate, Deluxe and Standard. Ultimate let's you play early. I got the Deluxe Edition and am waiting for it to release.

SvennoJ said:
Slade6alpha said:

I'm a "typical xbot" so my opinion is bias. But go the refurbished xbox route, and then trade it in for Scorpio. Or buy it on PC, if you have one. 

I swapped my PC for a laptop long time ago. I doubt a 740m will do FH justice.
As my local store is still uncertain whether they'll even be able to get psvr in this year, a refurbished XBox One is going to be very tempting. Plenty cheap second hand games available now, Sunset overdrive and Quantum break for example. That and a mini NES, sounds good to me. One positive thing of these mid gen upgrades is that it stimulates the 2nd hand market :)

I actually bought a refurb X1 on ebay for like $200 bucks and it came with 3 games. Works great, I would suggest going with that.

OT: Just preordered Forza Horizon 3 digitally, love this series. I played the crap out of 1 and 2, one of my favorite series.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)