By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGA: Wii market bought our low-quality software

EGA of Europe’s Boss Jurgen Post has admitted to MCV Pacific that they lost focus on quality during the last generation. 

“We were a little bit opportunistic, signing a lot of titles and doing things that were not necessarily very good. There was a time when you could sell a lot of products, for example on Wii, but that market has gone. Today if you want to survive, you need to focus on quality. We want to create games that are very good and have a long tail.” said Post.

Around the Network

They weren't alone. Nintendo is still trying to do it with games like Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival or Ultra Smash.

Sadly a lot of the shovelware on the Wii sold much better than some of the actual quality third party efforts. Games like Dead Space: Extraction deserved so much more on the system. 

maxleresistant said:
They weren't alone. Nintendo is still trying to doing it with games like Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival or Ultra Smash.

We all know why though. Outside of Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's Woolly World, Nintendo didn't have much for the Wii U the previous holiday. Thus, had to put out smaller projects. Maybe if given more time, they would've been more fleshed out. Alas, it didn't happen and they had to rush. 

Reported Jürgen for flaming Nintendo fans.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

So this guy is basically admitting he knowingly sold garbage to us? How is this a good thing?

Please Sega, you were starting to go downhill already in the 6th generation.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

funny coming from the people that brought us Sonic 06

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

vivster said:
Reported Jürgen for flaming Nintendo fans.

Your courage inspires us all, we know that our freedom is what they hate most.

obvisouly refering to Mario & Sonic at Olympics, which sold 16m between 3 games on Wii

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^