By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony’s Andrew House Found Microsoft’s Response to the PS4 Pro “Quite Intriguing”

They seem to be a bit sensitive at Sony right now :).

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

Nah, I think he's just pointing out that MS said they weren't going to do this, and then they did it. 

MS said they wouldn't promote their console?

Those tweets are so sassy, bro. House is feeling that shade.

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

They're not just promoting their console, and denial of those obvious undertones in their messages won't really win arguments, it'll just show you lack reading comprehension or earn contempt and troll accusations (not calling you one, but others would be tempted).

Some may not know this about me but I like to take anything I read at face value. I dislike the idea that people will try to "read between the lines" and dig up some hidden meaning. I always fear that people may find subtext, subtext warped by their own biases, when there isn't actually any subtext to be found.

LudicrousSpeed said:
KLAMarine said:

Those tweets are so sassy, bro. House is feeling that shade.

I don't think the tweets are sassy at all but some do seem to be insulted by them somehow.

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

They're not just promoting their console, and denial of those obvious undertones in their messages won't really win arguments, it'll just show you lack reading comprehension or earn contempt and troll accusations (not calling you one, but others would be tempted).

Some may not know this about me but I like to take anything I read at face value. I dislike the idea that people will try to "read between the lines" and dig up some hidden meaning. I always fear that people may find subtext, subtext warped by their own biases, when there isn't actually any subtext to be found.

The fact that even an executive is acknowledging it should be enough for you to realize "Oh, maybe their really is something super obvious inbtween the lines."

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

The fact that even an executive is acknowledging it should be enough for you to realize "Oh, maybe their really is something super obvious inbetween the lines."

I don't deny there might be something in between the lines in Microsoft's tweets but at the same time, the tweets might also just be promoting the XBox1S and people are finding meaning underneath the text.

I like being very thorough and have not gone about asking the relevant people at Microsoft if in fact there was meant to be subtext in the tweets.

MS cant be trusted one bit

Ruler said:
MS cant be trusted one bit

I trust them with my copy of Windows 7 working and as a matter of fact, it works quite well.

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

The fact that even an executive is acknowledging it should be enough for you to realize "Oh, maybe their really is something super obvious inbetween the lines."

I don't deny there might be something in between the lines in Microsoft's tweets but at the same time, the tweets might also just be promoting the XBox1S and people are finding meaning underneath the text.

I like being very thorough and have not gone about asking the relevant people at Microsoft if in fact there was meant to be subtext in the tweets.

If you don't want to believe it as fact, fine. Most everyone else does, so you'll just end up behind the curve.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

If you don't want to believe it as fact, fine.

This is not about what I want. This is about not potentially misunderstanding people's words.

Azuren said:

Most everyone else does, so you'll just end up behind the curve.

It was never my intention to adopt popular belief, I wish to adopt correct beliefs. Is this an unreasonable desire?