By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony’s Andrew House Found Microsoft’s Response to the PS4 Pro “Quite Intriguing”

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

If you don't want to believe it as fact, fine.

This is not about what I want. This is about not potentially misunderstanding people's words.

Azuren said:

Most everyone else does, so you'll just end up behind the curve.

It was never my intention to adopt popular belief, I wish to adopt correct beliefs. Is this an unreasonable desire?

You're not arguing against a rumor, you're arguing against a fact.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

This is not about what I want. This is about not potentially misunderstanding people's words.

It was never my intention to adopt popular belief, I wish to adopt correct beliefs. Is this an unreasonable desire?

You're not arguing against a rumor, you're arguing against a fact.

Yes the tweets are a fact but if memory serves, the tweets never mention Sony or PlayStation. All they do is list some of the stuff XB1S has to offer. This is no different than any other company promoting its hardware to consumers.

Sony fucked up with the lack of the 4K Blu-ray drive and MS took advantage of it.
--> MS is the bad boy.

MS fucked up with their planned DRM stuff in 2013, which got cancelled anyway. Sony took advantage of it.
--> Sony is the good guy.

When you release an inferior product than the competition, the competition will use it against you. I can't believe he is mocking MS for letting the world know that the Scorpio will be more powerful than the Pro.

Playing nice and fair is fine, but it is still a competition and I don't see anything bad in either side.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Sony fucked up with the lack of the 4K Blu-ray drive and MS took advantage of it.
--> MS is the bad boy.

MS fucked up with their planned DRM stuff in 2013, which got cancelled anyway. Sony took advantage of it.
--> Sony is the good guy.

When you release an inferior product than the competition, the competition will use it against you. I can't believe he is mocking MS for letting the world know that the Scorpio will be more powerful than the Pro.

Playing nice and fair is fine, but it is still a competition and I don't see anything bad in either side.

I would also like to add to this before I go to bed is that Microsoft's tweets weren't even that harsh assuming there was some subtext. All they did was point out some of the stuff XB1S has to offer. Sounds like business as usual you'd see in almost any other industry.

Heaven forbid Microsoft try to compete for our dollars.

Microsoft did have a few digs and House called them out but it isn't that bad. Nothing worth arguing about really.

Around the Network

Azuren said

The point isn't that it happened. House is only pointing out that this is happening after Microsoft said they wanted to be civil. 

A tweet or two listing a few key features of your system, and not even mentioning the competition by name, *is* civil, isn't it. How is it not?

This is really funny :)

I mean Sony is the master of arrogance (this is not new) and the response from House is really pathetic if you want
my opinion.

Sony is doing that kind of stuff all the time and the least they can do is to do come up with that kind of childish comments when a competitor is making them eat their own food.

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

Some may not know this about me but I like to take anything I read at face value. I dislike the idea that people will try to "read between the lines" and dig up some hidden meaning. I always fear that people may find subtext, subtext warped by their own biases, when there isn't actually any subtext to be found.

The fact that even an executive is acknowledging it should be enough for you to realize "Oh, maybe their really is something super obvious inbtween the lines."

The thing between the lines is that there were news stories about the new PS4 variants not having a feature. Because it was being made topical by the gaming press and public, Microsoft took the time to remind people they did add the feature in their system refresh. It is a sub-text, but it's also extremely civil discourse. Your comments are begging the question, because they are all predicated on an assumption that you haven't established as fact yet. There can be sub-text, but it can also be civil. They're not mutually exclusive.

Imaginedvl said:

I mean Sony is the master of arrogance (this is not new) and the response from House is really pathetic if you want
my opinion.

Sony is doing that kind of stuff all the time and the least they can do is to do come up with that kind of childish comments when a competitor is making them eat their own food.

All the time?

Other than the "how to share your games" one, when did it happen in recent times?

Hynad said:
Imaginedvl said:

my opinion.

All the time?

Other than the "how to share your games" one, when did it happen in recent times?

Seriously dude, if you feel the need to go in all the thread I'm saying something and ask me to "prove" things that are well known just because I'm defending Microsoft (and that you prefectly know) then you are out of luck.

It is a well known fact that Sony did that many times in the past and esp. at the begining with all the Xbox One issues they did not have with the Play Station Four. And at every opportunity they are doing it which is fine by the way; but crying about someone else doing it is just plain pathetic :)