By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony’s Andrew House Found Microsoft’s Response to the PS4 Pro “Quite Intriguing”

Azuren said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Yeah, how DARE Microsoft make a few tweets promoting their system. Who do they think they are, a company trying to sell a console? 

It's really interesting how you jump from "intriguing" to utter disgust. You don't think maybe you're overreacting to two sentences?

Well this whole thing is blown over proportion really it's just dumb.

Microsoft literally just make 2 tweets promoting their system, which didn't even mention the PS4 at all,  and everyone jumps on it's some big deal because Andrew House said something dumb and hypocritical about it. I have no idea how you think this is Microsoft somehow not being civil. 

I'm just pointing out the unfairness and bias Microsoft seems to always get now this generation. Microsoft makes a few tweets for their console to advertise it, which every company does, and somehow still is the bad guy to some people. 

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Doesn't make the way they did it any less BMing though...

what is "BMing" ?     

didn t msft just tweet out what features the xbox s  has after the Sony presentation? (i could have missed something) 

Its means Bad Mouthing. Such as taking shots at companies and etc. And they said more than just list the features.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/07/ps4-pro-vs-xbox-one-official-xbox-twitter-pokes-fun-at-ps4-pro/

There was more than that but you can Google the rest if you really want to get into everything. And of course, its not just about the tweets but also about the other interviews about the power and etc.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

FloatingWaffles said:
Azuren said:

It's really interesting how you jump from "intriguing" to utter disgust. You don't think maybe you're overreacting to two sentences?

Microsoft literally just make 2 tweets promoting their system, which didn't even mention the PS4 at all,  and everyone jumps on it's some big deal because Andrew House said something dumb about it. Console wars are serious business for some people they gotta defend that PS4 and Xbox One honor because they love a plastic box so much. 

That's why I don't put a lot of stock in it, and I recommend others avoid doing so as well. Microsoft took a shot, Sony countered. The effectiveness of that counter varies based on your personal brand loyalty, but both executives only stated true facts. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
FloatingWaffles said:
Sony takes advantage of Microsoft's mistakes majorly at the start of the generation with shit like the used games video to promote their system and thinks its fine.

Microsoft does the exact same thing and uses the PS4 Pro's mistakes to to promote their system's advantages through a few tweets and now Microsoft is somehow in the wrong?

Talk about hypocrites, and honestly after reading some responses as well this just shows that no matter what Microsoft does they will always somehow lose in every situation to some people. Even if they had the best selling system worldwide some people would still try and spin it as not in their favor. It's pretty obvious who has a bias at this point.

The point isn't that it happened. House is only pointing out that this is happening after Microsoft said they wanted to be civil. 

nothing MSFT said or did was uncivil-   compared to most rival business s Sony Playstation and MSFT XBOX are pretty respectful of each other-  when and if they make a little jab at each other it is nothing "below the waste"  or uncivil-  It is nothing execs of either company are going to  loose sleep over unless it highlights potential shortcomings of their own product-  which is a good thing-  competition is good- 

Azuren said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Microsoft literally just make 2 tweets promoting their system, which didn't even mention the PS4 at all,  and everyone jumps on it's some big deal because Andrew House said something dumb about it. Console wars are serious business for some people they gotta defend that PS4 and Xbox One honor because they love a plastic box so much. 

That's why I don't put a lot of stock in it, and I recommend others avoid doing so as well. Microsoft took a shot, Sony countered. The effectiveness of that counter varies based on your personal brand loyalty, but both executives only stated true facts. 

Oh sorry I had edited my post to better suit what I was trying to say while you were responding to it before the edit happened. 

But yeah this will only really matter to console warriors but I still don't see how you think this is Microsoft  "taking a shot" at Sony, they're a business it's not like they said "The PS4 Pro is $100 more and can't play 4K UHD Blu-Ray, buy our system instead" or anything they just saw the timing and it was good for advertising the strengts their system has. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Dunban67 said:

what is "BMing" ?     

didn t msft just tweet out what features the xbox s  has after the Sony presentation? (i could have missed something) 

Its means Bad Mouthing. Such as taking shots at companies and etc. And they said more than just list the features.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/07/ps4-pro-vs-xbox-one-official-xbox-twitter-pokes-fun-at-ps4-pro/

There was more than that but you can Google the rest if you really want to get into everything. And of course, its not just about the tweets but also about the other interviews about the power and etc.

thans for letting me know what BMing means-

I clicked on the article-  Even it call the tweets/commentary from MSFT "little jabs"    XBOX saying their newset product has abc features and is available now after the Sony presentation is hardly Bad Mouthing-     

FloatingWaffles said:
Azuren said:

Oh sorry I had edited my post to better suit what I was trying to say while you were responding to it before the edit happened. 

But yeah this will only really matter to console warriors but I still don't see how you think this is Microsoft  "taking a shot" at Sony, they're a business it's not like they said "The PS4 Pro is $100 more and can't play 4K UHD Blu-Ray, buy our system instead" or anything they just saw the timing and it was good for advertising the strengts their system has. 

Well, if Sony are to come back and say "We don't need an HDMI in because our console had TV built into it", would you assume it's aimed at nothing? 

There are a few tweets from Xbox taking shots at Sony indirectly, just like the game sharing thing never mentioned Xbox One. It's implied. 

But like I said, they both got off their own shots, but all it will do is cause laughter or dissent (depending on which camp you're in). I prefer to either laugh or ignore, though. It's silly to let stuff like this get to you. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Dunban67 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

thans for letting me know what BMing means-

I clicked on the article-  Even it call the tweets/commentary from MSFT "little jabs"    XBOX saying their newset product has abc features and is available now after the Sony presentation is hardly Bad Mouthing-     

Well, like I said, its not only the tweets.

But even if we look at the tweets, there are ways to say it a nice way and ways to say it that makes someone sound aggressive such as with the checkmarks and etc. Considering this article as well as threads on the internet about their tweets, what House said and other interviews MS did, I would call it BMing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Azuren said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Well, if Sony are to come back and say "We don't need an HDMI in because our console had TV built into it", would you assume it's aimed at nothing? 

There are a few tweets from Xbox taking shots at Sony indirectly, just like the game sharing thing never mentioned Xbox One. It's implied. 

But like I said, they both got off their own shots, but all it will do is cause laughter or dissent (depending on which camp you're in). I prefer to either laugh or ignore, though. It's silly to let stuff like this get to you. 

I agree with @bolded, at the end of the day it's not like any of the companies actually hate each other or anything. (At least I doubt it). Competition is always good for the industry because it leads to companies trying their best to offer better experiences than the other, therefore better for gamers of each one. 

I don't know why some people take stuff like this so seriously but usually it is just console fanboys, so oh well let them argue about that shit elsewhere. 

FloatingWaffles said:

I agree with @bolded, at the end of the day it's not like any of the companies actually hate each other or anything. (At least I doubt it). Competition is always good for the industry because it leads to companies trying their best to offer better experiences than the other, therefore better for gamers of each one. 

I don't know why some people take stuff like this so seriously but usually it is just console fanboys, so oh well let them argue about that shit elsewhere. 

Oh they're arguing alright. I thought this was about the mod support tweet after the fallout 4 mess. Should not have looked:

Hmm linking twitter is a mess too, links not showing (playstation link)
oh well, nothing to see here