By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think in the end its economics based on my travels through the Rust Belt which I imagine most Americans living in Cali or NYC never done.

Around the Network

How did a simple question branch out into a 22 page debate?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Final-Fan said:
barneystinson69 said:

You completely left out how Europe has a whole has done anything. Only the UK was involved in invading Iraq. As far as I know, Europe has 740 million people, not 65 million...

You forgot about Poland! 

Ok, so 102 million out of 740 million...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

VGPolyglot said:
AsGryffynn said:

I saw it coming around 2011, when it was painfully obvious political correctness was heading gradually into state sponsored censorship and politically incorrect bias... 

That makes no sense at all. The state is anti-political correctness: why else are blacks disproportinately arrested, and why do women receive lower wages than men? Why are all 7 countries that the United States bombs Muslim majority? The next leader of the country is sexist and racist, so I fail to see how political correctness is in any way state sponsored. Censorship also doesn't make sense, since the U.S. government allows for protests by white-supremacist KKK members, yet sends a military-like police force to Native American protesters.

Allow me to ellucidate. 

1. Living, education and crime which lead to a vicious cycle (best way to keep blacks of prison is to create safer spaces and ensure they have good education and healthcare. 

2. There are some jobs women don't like. IT firms are still mostly men and it's not because women are not taken seriously, but because they have no interest, and some of what they hate are among the higher paying jobs. 

3. The US does have a bad case of sheep herd syndrome. They started one war in the Middle East, now it's a string of wars in the Middle East. Without someone with a radically different worldview, this probably will remain as it is. 

4. The next leader spoke to people who others thought weren't discriminated against and this was nothing but bull. EVERYONE is discriminated against one way or another, but some people are shortsighted and often think the only way to help a minority is by shafting those in power. We've seen how that turns out. 

5. Sadly, you're right on this one. The US does have an small racist streak for reasons elluding me. The problem started when people had expectations of what you should say in X situation. The government didn't censor innocents, the people did and you are able to see it on Twitter right now (saying you like Trump is a good way to piss of people, even if you didn't approve of his bias and voted Trump solely because the future of the world was potentially at stake). 

Anyone who thinks it's censorship when people yell at someone on Twitter either doesn't understand the concept or is misusing the word.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
I think in the end its economics based on my travels through the Rust Belt which I imagine most Americans living in Cali or NYC never done.

I suspect you may be right. I live in Yorkshire in the UK. It's been a similar story here with Brexit. People who can't believe anyone would want to leave the EU, have slammed such people racist, xenophobic bigots (sound familiar?). Yet these people have not got a clue what the people actually living particularly in the North have suffered over the past 30 years as a result of various government policies.

There's a genuine feeling of helplessness. Maybe the lashback isn't the right way to solve it, but tbh, nobody has listened to any concerns at all and the longer you bottle that shit up, the more volatile the response is going to end up being.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

When people are angry they are not rational...

Double post.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/08/29/the-washing-machine-and-the-pill-the-two-worst-inventions-in-the-history-of-humanity/

This is the alt right. The guy who rant this site at the time is on Trump's transition team.

This is the Alt Right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Meanwhile:

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5